• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Waterproofing Epson XP600 printheads

truthfriend7

Sorry if this is the wrong category. I have a UV Flatbed Printer that uses Epson XP600 printheads. They can short out very easily due to the location of the data cable where it plugs into the head. The slightest bit of spilled ink across the connection and another head is toast. I was wondering if anyone has tried electronics waterproofing spray as a means to seal this connection. How did it work? Any other ideas to protect it from ink spills? I'm tired of frying my expensive heads. Thanks!

jfiscus

Rap Master
Honestly, I would think about flex-seal spray? It's pretty much junk for what it was originally made for (in my experience) but might be good for something like this. Maybe spray some somewhere and drip ink onto it to see how it reacts.

rjssigns

IIRC the stuff the factory puts on circuit boards and the like to protect from moisture/dust is called conformal coating. Maybe give that a try.

truthfriend7

Thanks guys. Any issue you imagine coming up when I do this? Just wanted to make sure there wasn't something serious I was missing.