• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Way to go, if ya ask me...........................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Guy came in Monday for some sign work. He tells me he wants a set of magnetics and possibly some site signs. I asked him what the name was and what kind of business it is. Roofing... and only roofing.

Hmmmmm................ we need roofing work done.

Alright, the magnets will be $XX amount and the site signs this amount. Hey while we're talking here, I have some work you might be interested in doing for me. He says, sure.

I showed him what needed repair, he called his Dad and he came out in about 10 minutes. Had a quote for both repairs and I asked him what else he might need, cause that was more than what I wanted to spend. He added a 3' x 8' banner. I asked .... is there anything else, we need to get closer to my affordable budget. How 'bout a 2' x 10' sign for the front of our building ?? Okay.

Yesterday, a day after meeting him, he and his three workers finished up all the repairs [and did a mighty fine job,] at 5:30 and today we're finishing his signs. I have about $80.00 worth of materials, maybe a total of an hours worth of work and I only have to put out $110. cash towards getting my two repairs finished. His invoice to me showed $1,700.00 You do the math. I think I'm very happy today.... in my leak-proof building for $110. I do have more work for him, but I can only do so much pushing on someone... at one time. :rolleyes: He said he needs more stuff and he'll be back in a month or two.

Keep those deals a comin' :thumb:

John Butto

The bartering business is one of the oldest and best forms between trade people. I am sure the roofing guy is happy and post on the Roofing101 forum about how he got all his signage for X amount of dollars.
Another good business tip for the new people.

Baz

Joke's on you ... He only spent 50.00$ worth of tar to do his job lol.

Really though ... A great deal for you but also for him. He was able to pay off a whole bunch of sign work with one job.

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
I get my landscaping and lawn care done in exchange for 25 yard signs per year :Big Laugh

Full color 2-sided though :ROFLMAO:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I see the nice plant outside the front door.

sticker store.jpg

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
This seems to be going in the direction of SNARKY, and I would like to put a stop to that right now.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It's not Snarkinism, but playful banter between consenting adults with thick skin. :ROFLMAO:

Pat Whatley

Had a massive pine tree cut down, hauled off, and the stump ground down in exchange for a couple of simple 4x8 polymetal signs. We both walked away from the deal thinking the other guy got ripped off. Everybody wins.

Usually, though, I prefer to trade my work for cash.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Had a massive pine tree cut down, hauled off, and the stump ground down in exchange for a couple of simple 4x8 polymetal signs. We both walked away from the deal thinking the other guy got ripped off. Everybody wins.

Usually, though, I prefer to
trade my work for cash.

Me too, but that's quite a rarity for us.

SebastienL

Do you think there's a post on a roofing forum that reads "I went to this sign shop to get some signage for my business...."

HulkSmash

last year i got 4 VIP box tickets for a broncos game $400 each in value for $100 worth of perf.

it was a pretty epic trade

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Do you think there's a post on a roofing forum that reads "I went to this sign shop to get some signage for my business...."

I dunno and I guess I really don't care. I got what I wanted and as long as he's happy..... we're all happy.

In all honesty, when bartering, I think all parties feel like they made out, unless you are bartering for say...... paying your taxes or paying the electric bill or for groceries. Those people just don't see it the same way. They always want cash or a check. They're never satisfied.......... :banghead: