• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Website Changes, just looking for opinions

jkdbjj

Probably sick of me working on my site, but for anyone interested I am changing it up a bit. Here is my current site (with white menu) and my new site (with orange menu)

Impressions on the new layout so far?

oldsite.jpg

oldsite_menu.jpg

menu_view.jpg

nomenu_view.jpg

stephenj148

It might just be a pet peeve of mine, but I find textured backgrounds to be a little distracting. Maybe you could push back the texture to make it subtle.

jkdbjj

So, I haven't really launched the new website yet, as it is just on a separate domain of mine.

Problem areas I am still working on:
1) the 3 boxes on the home page under the headers, don't fit, so I am working on a few options for that.
2) actual copy on the individual pages, I am aware could be better, and there is a person on Signs101 that I may be working with on that.
3)FAQ page will need some work, I just quickly wrote some Q&A's but they need to be cleaned up, proof read, etc... and more added to them.

Thinks I like compared to my current live site
1)the page is wider
2)the style is more sophisticated
3)the negative space is used better
4)the colors represent my brand efforts better
5)there is a little bit better call to action, though I still need work on that part

Current old site that is live is:
http://www.vivisual.com

Site that will be soon live:
http://www.charlottewrapcompany.com

I will be switching all the content from charlottewrapcompany.com to vivisual.com, then when that is done, I will be devoting charlottewrapcompany to a site only about wrapping products, mostly vehicles of course. This will be a strategy to have the site look less like a "general" sign company and more specialized for wraps.

Goal being to eventually have two sites, one for wraps and one for general signage.

If anyone has criticism, or suggestions, good or bad. Thanks....

fmg

It looks ok nothing very exciting to it
Except for a pretty decent looking van wrap.

Craig Sjoquist

Well thinks your present & new ideas are fine knows it does help.

Like the way the pictures are presented on the present site the best as they roll by.