• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Weed border in Flexi 21?

Graphics2u

So When I send a cut file to my cutter in Flexi 21 and let's say I tell it to cut 10 copies, and cut a weed border around it. It cuts all the copies of the file I sent, and then goes back and cuts the weed border around each copy after it's done cutting all of the copies. Ver 10.5 of Flexi always cut the weed border around each copy as soon as the copy was done cutting. Is there a new setting I'm not seeing to make it work like I'm used to? Sometimes I cut many copies at a time and if theres the slightest error in tracking on the cutter, by the time the knife travels all the way back to the first copy it cut to do the weed border, it can be a little out of registration and actually cut the weed border through the design. Is there a solution or is this the price of progress?

Graphics2u

Before you send it to rip, put add a rectangle cut, then it will do what you want. Just remember to de select weed border.
Thanks for your esponse. Do you mean add the border to the cut file before sending it? If that's what has to be done that's crazy for SAi to have changed that.

gabagoo

Before you send it to rip, put add a rectangle cut, then it will do what you want. Just remember to de select weed border.
I don't know if that option would work properly on a print and cut file...the weed border adds .1 or whatever is set around the graphic.... Would not the plotter incorperate that extra measurement when cutting and mis cut the file?

Graphics2u

I don't know if that option would work properly on a print and cut file...the weed border adds .1 or whatever is set around the graphic.... Would not the plotter incorperate that extra measurement when cutting and mis cut the file?
Yeah, that's not a real good work around. It would work on cut vinyl, but Print and cut not so well. To me the point is, it should cut the weed border right after it cuts the file you sent.

karst41

So When I send a cut file to my cutter in Flexi 21 and let's say I tell it to cut 10 copies, and cut a weed border around it. It cuts all the copies of the file I sent, and then goes back and cuts the weed border around each copy after it's done cutting all of the copies. Ver 10.5 of Flexi always cut the weed border around each copy as soon as the copy was done cutting. Is there a new setting I'm not seeing to make it work like I'm used to? Sometimes I cut many copies at a time and if theres the slightest error in tracking on the cutter, by the time the knife travels all the way back to the first copy it cut to do the weed border, it can be a little out of registration and actually cut the weed border through the design. Is there a solution or is this the price of progress?
Yeah its an oddity but in the end the same time is spent anyway.
Uncheck Optimize Cut order.
In the PM at the 4 Tab section, the 1st on the left where you select quantity and etc;
go to the 3rd tab to the right for the cutter tip where you select your weed border and etc etc.

Mid way down is the driver options
Just below that is "Use Same driver for all colors.
Check that box. You be done.

Also if you are using the cross cut feature I typically advance 1/2" to 1"
and then cross cut it.

Last edited: