• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Weeding Small Text (Oracal 651)

S

sa-signs

also if all eles fails and its super small put a fake box around it apply the whole thing to the substraight with out weeding it and then remove the box .. its a pain and you might have to remove glue but you wont lose letters

Signguyno1

My Flexi has an Easy Weed option, just for that issue. Set overcut option as well.

I have used the freezer with out any problems regarding the adhesive.

You could use 3M Electro Cut vinyl also, works great and is on a clear liner, you can cut positives and negitives for silk screen printing. Available by the roll or by the foot from Graphitek, www.graphitek.com

vinylink0331

I always decrease my force when doing really small letters. It seems to work better for me that way. Try that and see what happens.

zigns62

I weed the big stuff first and do a cut box around the small letters to leave the material before application, tape and apply to surface and then weed the small lettering after the application. Extra step but it works. Weed letters from right to left and numbers left to right. Hope this helps

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
i never cut small text out of intermediate grade vinyl....only a high performance.....it's just easier all the way around....

Baz

I have another technique that hasnt been mentioned. Using a #11 exacto to weed, making cuts halfway up the letters (lenghtwise) and weed the top half and bottom half seperately.

No matter what you decide on doing .. Weeding small text is a PIA. Although half inch is not that small.