• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Well, here tis.....................................................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Blind people are evil, huh ?? They even need raised lettering to make them FEEL different. Then, they get a specialized form of braille only they can read. No transparency there, either.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I always liked clowns as a kid growing up. Circus, fairs and other places. As I got older didn't care or notice, but then Hollywood started putting clowns in a different light and then the whole frickin world is afraid of clowns ever since. How can ya be afraid of Red Skelton ??

Stacey K

I like making signs
I always liked clowns as a kid growing up. Circus, fairs and other places. As I got older didn't care or notice, but then Hollywood started putting clowns in a different light and then the whole frickin world is afraid of clowns ever since. How can ya be afraid of Red Skelton ??
1658321684320.png

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That's my point. I don't rememebr sh!t like that when I was growing up. They had the blob, the creature from the black lagoon, frankenstein, dracula and others, but no clowns. That clown stuff didn't start until the 80's or so.

SignosaurusRex

Red Skelton and Emmett Kelly were great. John Wayne Gacy came along and ruined everything for clowns.

Last edited:

SignosaurusRex

So it was more at the end of the 19th century that clowns suddenly had a bad wrap. Pagliaccio, the italian play, was about the titular (heh) clown, discovering his wife being unfaithful and then stabbing her on stage, followed by her lover, in an all too meta play within a play.
Not so much scary as it was tragic, but still, f*ckin clown murder is a pretty traumatic thing for a kid to see, and I'd wager some performance eventually inspired stephen king at some point...
No Sh¡± ! Ya think? Stephen King is pretty wacked to write the crap he does.