• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Well, there goes the neighborhood.

Pat Whatley

New shop in town just mailed post cards to every real estate and construction company in town.

4' x 8' MDO plywood signs, full color - $36.50 including in-town installation.

Can you say typo? :ROFLMAO::banghead:

Now the question is whether it was an accident or a brilliant marketing strategy.

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Call him and order 400 signs and see if he will put it on Rev George's Credit Card from Africa ??

He'll be out of business with his first big order.

Sign_Boy

No the question is - if they mess up on their own stuff what are they going to do with the customers stuff???

RebeckaR

Wow...
That's more than I pay for blank MDO. I'd call and order 20 or so and just tell him I want them blank.

threads1

Yea Pat.....I would call and order a bunch of blanks. And when they say it was a typo you can blast them for their quality control.

andy

I doubt it's a typo.

More than likely this is just another new startup who believe they are so much smarter than the "rip off" established shops. Running around buying work is something which happens all the time... new shops think that volume pricing and loss leader principles will make them rich and drive everyone else out of business.

These $36.50 signs are a suicide pill..... if it's a typo then that's a VERY bad first impression for a visual communication company. If it's not a typo then it's a wallet burner. These signs have got to cost at LEAST $150 to produce and install.... so each one is costing your competitor over $100 of their OWN money.

That's worth repeating....

This sign shop buys a sheet of ply, laminates a full colour print on it, loads it into a van and then drives to site to install. The customer PAYS the sign shop $36.50 at the end of the install and the sign shop then GIVES back the $36.50 and tops up the repayment with $100 of their own money.

Each sign costs the sign shop around $112.... that's it, no profit to compensate, each sign goes into the sign shop accounts as a $112 LOSS.

How deep do you think their pockets are?

dwt

Is there an asterisk at the bottom of this ad ? Huge set up fee or something? If not It's time to stock up on mdo!

sjm

New shop in town just mailed post cards to every real estate and construction company in town.

4' x 8' MDO plywood signs, full color - $36.50 including in-town installation.

Can you say typo? :ROFLMAO::banghead:

Now the question is whether it was an accident or a brilliant marketing strategy.

What is your point? I would think this typo would give you more creditability as a player.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Good lord Andy. It's a typo, not a conspiracy. The sale price is supposed to be $365.

Although I like your thinking better, I was under the impression they meant $136.50. That would be more like an introductory offer.

Anyone trying to make a good first impression is not going to be higher than the lowballers around town, with this kind of advertising campaign.

imagep

Whats bad is that whether or not it is a typo, it will hurt everyone. People will get it stuck in their mind that they can get signs for $36.50.

From time to time I have had customers who come into our shop and to be shocked by how much we charge for screen printed yardsigns. As often as not they claim that they saw some yard signs advertising yard signs" "500 for $500". Now personally, I have never seen such an advertisment, but I have no reason to call the potential customer a lier. I don't know where they saw that advertised, but for whatever reason, they have it stuck in their mind they can get yardsigns for $1 each, and that is all they expect to pay. So I have to waste my time with the customer, deal with the frustration of the customer, and sometimes be accused of "ripping people off" (sometimes in front of other customers) - with virtually no chance of making the sale.

I have this one customer, he thinks that he is helping me, but he keeps telling people about our increadably cheap prices. They call us, wanting stuff at prices that we can't honor, and of course then they get mad when we dont honor the prices. The irony of this situation is that this particular customer manages to get a premium price for the products that he sells.

At this point, after seeing those postcards, the industry as a whole may loose a few sales because people who would have otherwise had no objection to paying $365 now will feel "ripped off" at any price over $36.50 and will possibly find other advertising avenues.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
$136.50 is an introductory offer? Dude who are you trying to fool?

Why don't you just stop posting ?? Your posts are so stupid, not to mention pathetic.

Your continued stupidness only provides to others, as time goes on... how really pathetic you are. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited: