• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Western Sign

SignStudent

My Grandmother-in-law is starting up a business at her ranch where horse riders can come stay, almost like a bed and breakfast. She want a nice wooden sign with an old western type feel to it. She specified the colors green and white and size roughly around 1'x2'.

This kind of belongs in two different sections but I wasn't sure whether to split it up or put it all in one thread. First, I'd like to have the layout critiqued.

Second, I've never done any dimensional signage and will be outsourcing this to one of the merchant members here. Any suggestions how it should be made? CNC routed? Engraved? Which would be better for this specific job and what's the price difference?

Attachments

• WranglersRestLayout.jpg
    WranglersRestLayout.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 145

SignManiac

Just sticking clip art anywhere in the design isn't going to help. You need to design an appropriate panel around and, to work with the right font that has a western feel. Color should be selected for the right reason. Don't limit yourself to green and white only. Graphic should be carefully considered as well. Use of neg/pos space is crucial. Kerning should be looked at too.