• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Opinion What’s the perfect printable media for putting onto garments?

Paultheprinter

I am currently using a product called solvent dark turbo which has great weeding and is a 5 second press hot peel. I find that after about 5 months of wearing and washing and probably tumble drying that et can start to cram and split and becomes quite brittle.

Just wondered what other printable media’s for going onto workwear people are using, and what it’s longevity is like.
Thanks in advance!

Paul

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Assuming you’re getting that from xpres?

Papergraphics just brought out a range and we had a try. It’s pretty good stuff. Great for small detail too as the backing sheet is a little more tacky than we had before. would recommend giving that a try. If you want my rep’s email give me a PM. You’re from Scotland though so he’s probably already nipped yer heed..

With that said, it’s just the nature of HTV transfers. Not famous for their longevity.

Paultheprinter

Assuming you’re getting that from xpres?

Papergraphics just brought out a range and we had a try. It’s pretty good stuff. Great for small detail too as the backing sheet is a little more tacky than we had before. would recommend giving that a try. If you want my rep’s email give me a PM. You’re from Scotland though so he’s probably already nipped yer heed..

With that said, it’s just the nature of HTV transfers. Not famous for their longevity.

Hi there
Thanks for your response, yes have been getting that from Xpres, they sold it to me as their biggest selling media for workwear printing onto garments a couple of years ago when I bought my Mimaki.
I liked it as it had a very hi tack backing sheet which was great for weeding on, but I have noticed one of my customers wearing a hoody where the artwork has cracked slightly on the back, that could be down to them tumble drying on too high a temperature, i haven’t had any complaints from it yet, but I’m always on the look out for that “Perfect” printable vinyl.
I have recently been trying out a product from Victory called Easimark printable PU which has a semi gloss finish to it, which looks far nicer than the turbo dark from Xpres.

Grafityp do a load of products but you could spend all the hours in a day trying different products and never actually get any work done! They Sent me some samples a while back and they have one that feels almost rubbery which I would expect would be quite long lasting, but then it also feels quite thick and wouldn’t have a soft feel to it.

just wondered if there was an industry standard media that people are using.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
I use digicat turbo 4036 from gsg. We've done several personal items. They have held up well. I have one issue on my daughter's shirt. It keeps lifting off the garmet. I have had some patrons tell me items were lifting BUT they had washed the garments prior to me putting graphics on it and it smelled of fabric softener.

WildWestDesigns

I find that after about 5 months of wearing and washing and probably tumble drying that et can start to cram and split and becomes quite brittle.

Don't forget in this list here, what actually products that are being used for the washing as well. Some are more, shall we say caustic, to the decoration then others. Sublimation isn't immune to this either in some respects.

Do they wash inside out etc.

There is a delicate balance between a soft hand and long lasting as well, but even then, laying it on thick only gets "you" so far as well.

rjssigns

Used to use Eco-Print from Imprintables Warehouse. Worked quite well and I did everything wrong on purpose when I washed the shirts. No bleach? Okay lets use some.
Turn inside out? Nope. Tumble dry low? Nope. Washed them like a client would.. Chuck it in with the rest and run it.

Imprintables got absorbed by Stahl's(?). Since then I don't see Eco-Print listed and don't feel like going through testing again.