• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help What’s the sp300v worth with defective head? Uk

Ceefree

The time has come for me to let my SP300v go, or rather that is my question. The thing is I have come across the plotter I have been drewling over for the past year and it's just around the corner from me (I'm in the UK). I'm accumulating plotters however so one needs to go before I buy-in.

That would be my SP300v, shes giving me problems and I cant seem to get the yellow working, a fellow Mr. Broom (Mr Andy Boom?) has told me the head needs replacing. The option here would be either to order the head cheaply from sign in china or let her go as is.

If I were to let her go as is what would be a fair price? She's on eBay at present. I would need her gone fairly quickly in any case

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It's kinda hard to sell something which doesn't work for you...... or anybody else. She this, she tah...... you're too emotionally attached, so just let it go for best offer and move on. Someone else might fix it, but ya never know what's all really wrong with it, til ya take it apart. Might cost, might not. You wanna find out ?? If not, just give it away.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Why you looking for a plotter to replace a printer? I never understood assigning gender to inanimate objects... seems like a weird thing to do.

Ceefree

I was talked into buying a printer plotter for future purposes, without truly knowing the fallbacks of that, so im keeping it simple. I respect the ladies in my life and light-heartedly speak of my belongings in a third person aspect ;) in a world where there are now over 49 different genders, that seems like the weirdest thing to you?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, there might only be 49 over there, but there's at least 58 on this side of the pond. However, a machine, unless you're in Germany, has no gender whatsoever. Guess that all's gonna hafta change soon, too. Can't have those machines and objects running around with the wrong gender attached to it.

Ceefree

I suppose I the gender police may come along and check if it has an ‘inny or an outty’ !

completely off topic. I’ve been bid 1250, does anyone know the going rate?

Terry01

Spend the $500 for a new head and keep hold of it..They were the work horse that purchased many a home and vehicle. Its a cutter as well and is still the best for making stickers..
Leave it sitting in the corner all day with a roll in it and full of inks, they never miss a beat.