• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What’s up guys- card stock on a Roland SG2

rawjahprintshop

Hey guys, I have a customer asking me if I can print their 10 and 12 point card stock, they use for postcard advertisement cards.

I just got a flatbed plotter hooked up and it’s working great and I was told it could cut card stock.
One of my questions is, do you buy a roll of card stock? Are the sheets that need to be put in the machine flat, with special set up like I’ve seen people having a table that runs up to the printer on both sides to mimic a flatbed. Or, is it a normal type of roll that I use just like other stuff to print in the roll feed….

This is my first time doing this so I don’t even know what the process would be however I would love to earn this job if someone can guide me to the water, I promise that I’ll drink it :)

Thank you in advance!

rawjahprintshop

Hey guys, I have a customer asking me if I can print their 10 and 12 point card stock, they use for postcard advertisement cards.

I just got a flatbed plotter hooked up and it’s working great and I was told it could cut card stock.
One of my questions is, do you buy a roll of card stock? Are the sheets that need to be put in the machine flat, with special set up like I’ve seen people having a table that runs up to the printer on both sides to mimic a flatbed. Or, is it a normal type of roll that I use just like other stuff to print in the roll feed….

This is my first time doing this so I don’t even know what the process would be however I would love to earn this job if someone can guide me to the water, I promise that I’ll drink it :)

Thank you in advance!

rawjahprintshop

I sent a picture of the example product i got from the customer and sent it to a Nazdar tech... His response?
"I would think so. Reflective media is thicker than that. I'd give it a shot. Just keep an eye on it the first time around."

Do you have a recommendation for keeping this order? I'm assuming the answer is going to be outsourcing it, ...id like to also get a definitive answer yes or no if we can somehow print them, though.
Thanks for responding!

I sent a picture of the example product i got from the customer and sent it to a Nazdar tech... His response?
"I would think so. Reflective media is thicker than that. I'd give it a shot. Just keep an eye on it the first time around."

Do you have a recommendation for keeping this order? I'm assuming the answer is going to be outsourcing it, ...id like to also get a definitive answer yes or no if we can somehow print them, though.
Thanks for responding!
Eco Solvent ink requires PVC-based substrates, or solvent coated non-PVC based media.

Most paper-based medias (including offset coated, aqueous coated, and uncoated bond, such as card stock) is neither of these.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Print them on a desktop? Outsource the job?

Unless you have a flatbed printer - that also works great. We just ran a short custom job on our flatbed printer and then shape cut on our Summa flatbed cutter.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Print them on a desktop? Outsource the job?

Unless you have a flatbed printer - that also works great. We just ran a short custom job on our flatbed printer and then shape cut on our Summa flatbed cutter.
We print on cardstock all the time... on our UV flatbed printer.

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
I've been printing for about 40 years now and have figured out to use my machines for what are designed for.
If your customers need post cards, farm the job out to a trade printer like 4over or Printing for resale.
You can make alot more money on the job and keep your customers happy by getting their order done in a short time instead of experimenting and trying to re-event the wheel and trying to figure out how to do it cheaper.
YOU CAN'T!

netsol

Eco Solvent ink requires PVC-based substrates, or solvent coated non-PVC based media.

The hell you say.
I would think the printing on card stock would be the easy part
I often print on "paper" materials with our 2 older rolands
No coating needed

And using a 4' table as a lead in is something we often do to overcome "memory" or whatever you call the resistance to laying flat as you come off a roll

Give it a try

rawjahprintshop

The hell you say.
I would think the printing on card stock would be the easy part
I often print on "paper" materials with our 2 older rolands
No coating needed

And using a 4' table as a lead in is something we often do to overcome "memory" or whatever you call the resistance to laying flat as you come off a roll

Give it a try
good stuff thank you!