• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what accounting software you use

MatthewTimothy

I was checking out there what some of you may use. I have debated on quickbooks but want to do my research before buying a new one again. Ive heard of peachtree and used it in the past, but peachtree is by far not cheap.

Kevin-shopVOX

I was checking out there what some of you may use. I have debated on quickbooks but want to do my research before buying a new one again. Ive heard of peachtree and used it in the past, but peachtree is by far not cheap.

Check out SignVOX. Excellent POS that exports to Quickbooks so you can avoid double entry. At some point next year we will have an integrated accounting feature that will allow you to keep everything in one program. Estimating/Invoicing, online proofing, job board/tracking, sales lead management, and a whole lot of other cool stuff. Oh and you can do all of that from any smart phone should you want to. It is really slick stuff. Let me know if you want more info. Either call, email or PM me. Good luck in your search!

WildWestDesigns

Alicia uses peachtree, but she is also an accounting analyst as well. It's a fairly intensive program and I really only think an accountant can appreciate and use all that it has to offer. Quicken, Quick Books is probably more then sufficient for most needs on here.

MatthewTimothy

Alicia uses peachtree, but she is also an accounting analyst as well. It's a fairly intensive program and I really only think an accountant can appreciate and use all that it has to offer. Quicken, Quick Books is probably more then sufficient for most needs on here.

i have four relatives that are CPAs :rock-n-roll:

royster13

I use Quickbooks but they have gone to a system where they will only support 2 or 3 versions back....So if at some point you want to re-install on a new computer you may not be able to...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
QuickBooks Premier Edition.

What does having four relatives as CPA's have to do with anything ?? Are you going to hire them to do your books ??

WildWestDesigns

QuickBooks Premier Edition.

What does having four relatives as CPA's have to do with anything ?? Are you going to hire them to do your books ??

Peachtree isn't software that is for the layman bookkeeper. At least not in my estimation anyway. Him having four relatives that are CPAs would greatly help him using Peachtree and whittle away that learning curve quicker then if he were to tackle it alone. At least in my opinion. It is great software, just not really designed for the layman.

From what I've seen Alicia do with the Peachtree software (and I do believe it is the 2010 that she is running, but not at the price that you see now for it) it is quite a bit more functionality then Quick Books and Quicken. It's one of those things where it takes someone that in the field of accounting to truly appreciate and be able to use all those features especially proficiently.

MatthewTimothy

ive debated on quickbooks because regions links to quickbooks intuit but i think they are two totally different things or you have to pay two different prices. Still doing research.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Peachtree isn't software that is for the layman bookkeeper. At least not in my estimation anyway. Him having four relatives that are CPAs would greatly help him using Peachtree and whittle away that learning curve quicker then if he were to tackle it alone. At least in my opinion. It is great software, just not really designed for the layman.

From what I've seen Alicia do with the Peachtree software (and I do believe it is the 2010 that she is running, but not at the price that you see now for it) it is quite a bit more functionality then Quick Books and Quicken. It's one of those things where it takes someone that in the field of accounting to truly appreciate and be able to use all those features especially proficiently.

When we first started using computers along with accounting back in the early 1980's, we started out with Peach Tree. Our first computer had no hard drive..... just two floppy drives and you were worked from 'A' to 'B' and it was not fun. :frustrated: This was before sign making computers were on the scene. My wife is a CPA and the person recommending it was also a CPA and she used it for about 10 years. It always seemed to be cumbersome and not all that friendly. She heard about QuickBooks, made the switch and we never looked back. That's not to say Peach Tree isn't any good or better. It 's just that QuickBooks was far easier and much more user-friendly and I have no problem using my version at the shop for estimating, work orders and transmittal sheets for distributing to wherever needed.

No argument here. They all have trial versions I believe, so the smart thing would be to use one or two and see which one floats your boat...... :rock-n-roll:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
QuickBook is good for three year intervals... and the upgrades aren't that bad in price.