• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what accounting software you use

Gino

Premium Subscriber
can you do price quotes with quickbooks pro?

You can do all kinds of estimates, quotes, packing slips, work orders, invoices, statements, checks, reconciliations of all sorts, payroll, expenses, mileage, credit card usage, budgets, forecasts and a whole lots more. You can also customize just about any setup to meet your needs and re-arrange columns, wording and insert artwork where needed.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
When Intuit's Billing Manager went belly up, I started Quickbooks online for $30 a month. Well guess what...It was offline for almost a whole day a few weeks ago...so I said I'm done with Intuit. I bought Peachtree and if you add up what QB online costs, it's more than peachtree in a year. Anyway...that's my story. Now I gotta learn another program, like I have time for that. Grrr.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You can do divisions within a company or run several complete separate companies on the same software. You can also set up who can get into what sections of the software and give out security codes, so certain people can't get into certain departments. My wife has me locked out completely of certain areas, so I don't do any real damage to her work. She even locks me outa the house from time to time. Bummer.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
+1 for Quickbooks. It's good software, but more importantly its VERY common software. Because so many small businesses use it, it's the most supported in forums like this, by integration software, etc. It's not real expensive either.

JoshLoring

Quick books pro current edition. Lucky my wife's a quick books certified pro and ex CPA!
Our books are dialed in to the penny. Lol

jrsc

xero. xero.com. very simple and has a really cool import function so you don't even need to enter most of your transactions. We buy most stuff on our credit card and instead of entering about 50-100 transactions per month I can import the statement and categorize all the transactions in about 10 minutes. saves a ton of time.

jasonx

xero. xero.com. very simple and has a really cool import function so you don't even need to enter most of your transactions. We buy most stuff on our credit card and instead of entering about 50-100 transactions per month I can import the statement and categorize all the transactions in about 10 minutes. saves a ton of time.

+1

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Xero's real good but e had a few problems with it if you do any shipping. When we were using it (and they may have corrected this) there was no ship to address on the invoices. You had to just put it on the invoice somewhere. Also we couldn't put anything in as a fraction of a cent. One of our vendors gives us invoices that are calculated to fractions of a cent and xero would reject it making things out of balance.

Otherwise it was great. Have not used it in a year though, anyone know if they fixed those issues?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Corel or Adobe, Quickbooks or Peachtree...it's always the same ole debate.

If you're using an accountant, check with them to see what they use.

If you're going it alone, I think you'll have better opportunities for finding local training with Quickbooks.

I started out with Peachtree and switched over to QB last summer, but still have yet to get everything on the computer. We have local QB trainers, and I'm planning to take a class as soon as I can.

JB