• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What are using using to RIP to your Mimaki JV3 SPII (Firewire) isses

Letterbox Mike

It didn't have built-in firewire, I just swapped in the same card I've been using since I originally got the JV3 (I actually went through 2 or 3 cards originally before I found one that worked reliably). It is a TI-chipset card though.

bbeens

I think you have mentioned it in the past but I would try a priny server to get away from the firewire issue. SHE makes a good one and TCP/IP has been around long enough that you shouldn't have any connections issues. I ran a jv3 using one for years and was very happy. They run about $200 or so.

Bryan

CropMarks

Kurt,
I have a D-Link (DP-301P+) "Fast ethernet parallel port print server" that you can try out. I'm not using it because I bought it for a converted FJ-50 that I never ended up getting. If the thing works (fast enough) you can buy it off me really cheap.... I paid $50 for the thing.... if you want to give me $20 for it that would be cool. So, you can try it before you buy it and if it doesn't work you can just give it back (at no cost). I also have a pci firewire card you can just have for free.

It's a "Pinnacle" brand - http://www.laptopsman.info/64458--29-bin.html
It's the one at the bottom of the page that is red with 2 external ports and 1 internal port.

We're downtown in GR 2 blocks north of Leonard on Plainfield 616-356-5555
Thanks! Miked.

speedmedia

Kurt,
I have a D-Link (DP-301P+) "Fast ethernet parallel port print server" that you can try out. I'm not using it because I bought it for a converted FJ-50 that I never ended up getting. If the thing works (fast enough) you can buy it off me really cheap.... I paid $50 for the thing.... if you want to give me $20 for it that would be cool. So, you can try it before you buy it and if it doesn't work you can just give it back (at no cost). I also have a pci firewire card you can just have for free.

It's a "Pinnacle" brand - http://www.laptopsman.info/64458--29-bin.html
It's the one at the bottom of the page that is red with 2 external ports and 1 internal port.

We're downtown in GR 2 blocks north of Leonard on Plainfield 616-356-5555
Thanks! Miked.

I appreciate your offer. Right now I am downloading Caldera for my MAC and am going to try that to see how it works. If it doesn't for some reason I will get in touch with you.

Thanks,
Kurt

Letterbox Mike

Kurt, I checked it out, the JV3 is on Firmware 7.00, the Mimaki firewire driver is v. 2.3, Windows 7 pro 64 bit, Onyx 7.3.2, the Firewire card is some old $30 CompUSA (out of business) house brand with TI chip with their original driver, and the Firewire cable is 8' long.

Don't know if that combination will work for you or not but it's flawless over here...

Can't wait to hear what you think of Caldera, I saw their "side-grade" price in your other thread, that's a great deal!