• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What are you doing with your 25500/26000s?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
crappy decision for inks to be discontinued.
Yeap but this is what I was originally asking you if you knew why.
HP had to discontinue the ink even if they would have wanted to continue it. Stockholm Convention ban.
It's absolute no brainer to go and develop another ink for already an old printer. Just way easier to sell a new much better one.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
We sold off our 850s a couple years ago. We knew this was coming not only for the 26XX series but the 850s as well.

• Agree
Reactions: Bly

MachServTech

Yeap but this is what I was originally asking you if you knew why.
HP had to discontinue the ink even if they would have wanted to continue it. Stockholm Convention ban.
It's absolute no brainer to go and develop another ink for already an old printer. Just way easier to sell a new much better one.
Nope. No Idea.

V. V.

Inkjet printing guru
We now running two of 25500 and two 26500 with the bulk system installed. 831 heads, 891 inks in the bulk system.

There are also some other way to go around and over the discontinued inks production issue.

k_graham

We now running two of 25500 and two 26500 with the bulk system installed. 831 heads, 891 inks in the bulk system.

There are also some other way to go around and over the discontinued inks production issue.
Are these HP or another companies, Who can I contact?

Cost associated with this conversion on a 26500?
Don't the later HP inks use some sort of Optimizer solution which I assume the 26500 would not have?
What about cleaning kits and any other parts that might break?

Last edited:

V. V.

Inkjet printing guru
Are these HP or another companies, Who can I contact?
You can contact me directly.

Don't the later HP inks use some sort of Optimizer solution which I assume the 26500 would not have?
Yes, they're intended to be partied with Opt but still work fine on the older machines after some easy trick been applied.

What about cleaning kits and any other parts that might break?
We do refurbish and repair them in-house.

Reger

Picking up the thread of this conversation.
Has anyone tried the bulk ink that cmyk service mentions and markets? Is it worth the money investment in this system?

S2S

Sorry but on our third HP...and with all that has to do with these machines.(way to much to discuss...if you have one you know)..humm..this is our last HP printer...

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
Sorry but on our third HP...and with all that has to do with these machines.(way to much to discuss...if you have one you know)..humm..this is our last HP printer...

Which model is giving you problems?
(I'm still nurturing out L260 till I use up the 25 ink cartridges I have - and I like the machine.)

S2S

Which model is giving you problems?
(I'm still nurturing out L260 till I use up the 25 ink cartridges I have - and I like the machine.)
Oh I should say the machine prints great when you baby sit it...just all that incumpuses the machine is ridiculous...from loading media,, recognizing media, warm up, then print...omg....extreme amount of time...and lord forbid if you don't run out 3 feet of material to get it started, look for a media strike to happen...
We run alot of ink and heads....the fact that they have and recognize a time frame is just..well....
I can almost print and finish the same print on my solvent machines before the hp starts to print..
1 - L26500 and 2 - 870's

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
OK, thanks. Funnily our L260 started to die - I was told the hard drive was failing.
IN the end I swapped out the mainboard for another mainboard I had on a donor machine we'd bought for spares.
1. It boots up MUCH more quickly.
2. I gave up trying to tell it from the console, what the media is - the RIP's media setting overrides the console anyway - and saves a few minutes of it rethinking itself.
3. Warm up -ok. No solving that...
4. Head strike & feeding media out - the varying media I get, I find needs no more than 4" fed through past the rollers. The vacuum keeps it down, and we print with minimal waste. But I use a supplier who assures us the stuff is L260 compatible... (With our old 25500, yes, we'd feed 50cm through and hang weights off it, but the L260 has been great. But also I rewind out of the machine and back to the core at the end of each day.)

MelloImagingTechnologies

Many years in the Production Business
I used to sell HPs when I ran the NY section of Alpha Imaging.
I always thought they were only good for start ups. Hate the way HP drops a line fully so you can buy new models. That’s one of the reasons I don’t carry HP now.

I’ve been selling the M64s which started with Seiko 8 years ago and they were the new model of the HP9000 that Seiko made for HP.
It’s still available - exactly the same model that came out 8 years ago.
My first one installed is still running fine.
Customer loves it since acquiring it in 2013.
Only had 4 service calls!

Best of luck to you