• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What are you doing with your 25500/26000s?

C

ColoPrinthead

Just curious what you guys are doing with these older latex machines now that HP is discontinuing the inks. Has anyone tried a 3rd party ink?

I would be pissed if I bought one of these printers myself and am amazed that HP is seeming to acknowledge that their plastic printers are disposable and not built for life.

chester215

Just call me Chester.
I don't think it includes the L26500.

It uses the same ink and print heads as :

HP 792
Printer Compatibility
HP Latex 210
HP Latex 260
HP Latex 280

And yes, if they stop supporting my L26500 while it still works well, my next printer would not be an HP.

bannertime

Reece Supply sells an aftermarket 792 latex ink from a company called Liquecolor. Not sure which ink series that machine takes. Not sure how long they'll be making it.

kffernandez

I don't think it includes the L26500.

And yes, if they stop supporting my L26500 while it still works well, my next printer would not be an HP.

my thoughts exactly. i have an L310. if they continue with their current trend, i'm expecting them to end support for the Latex 300 series in 3-4 years.
for the life of me, i cannot imagine why you would stop selling inks and parts where you are earning the most money, and in the process lose customers rather than surely getting them on their next upgrade.

then again, i'm equally surprised at why there doesn't seem to be an overwhelming outrage.

bigben

I still like my L260 and was not planing to change it. Other brand keep ink and parts a lot longer than this.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Good ol' disposable printers. Meanwhile I still get calls for tech support on Mimaki JV3s, Roland SP series printers, and Mutoh ValueJet 1604, 1614, 1304s which can be as old as 20 years.

Series 789 inks used in first-generation Latex (L25500 & L65500 printers) are being discontinued. Gen 1 Latex printers are at least 7 years out of production, and the number of units in the field has declined significantly, with most users having upgraded to newer generations of HP Latex technology.

L25500 first-generation printers were replaced by second generation L26500/ L260 printers in 2011. Gen 2 latex printers (L26500/ L260/ L280) use a different ink - 792 series. These inks remain in production.

Last edited:

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Series 789 inks used in first-generation Latex (L25500 & L65500 printers) are being discontinued. Gen 1 Latex printers are at least 7 years out of production, and the number of units in the field has declined significantly, with most users having upgraded to newer generations of HP Latex technology.

L25500 first-generation printers were replaced by second generation L26500/ L260 printers in 2011. Gen 2 latex printers (L26500/ L260/ L280) use a different ink - 792 series. These inks remain in production.
This is correct info. My vendor rep misinformed me. Now I can stop searching for every box of 792 ink that's out there....SMH.

JanetMTZ

Just curious what you guys are doing with these older latex machines now that HP is discontinuing the inks. Has anyone tried a 3rd party ink?

I would be pissed if I bought one of these printers myself and am amazed that HP is seeming to acknowledge that their plastic printers are disposable and not built for life.

I believe only the L25500 parts and supplies are being discontinued. L26500 is still good for now.

Last edited by a moderator:

flyplainsdrifta

I've got a bunch of expired ink still kicking around for my 25500. my lx850 is being decommissioned as we speak. not sure what to do either.

flyplainsdrifta

same deal as 25500. hp is discoing the 850 as well because it is technically 1st gen latex. we purchased a 1500 that came in today. its insane though. if anyone trolls the global garage or any grand format used sites, the 850 went from 10k to less than 5 within 3 days of the announcement by hp. a lot of people are going to be stuck with nothing but an anchor in a few months.