• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What are you reading now?

Matt-Tastic

If you run a shop and don't listen to manager tools, you are really doing yourself a disservice.

Even if you can't use all the tools, they are practical applications of very esoteric people skills that otherwise take forever to master. The podcasts make travel fly by :)

rjssigns

Finished The Goal by Eliyahu Goldratt. Excellent read. The book deals with making a business efficient and how cost accounting is the biggest enemy of efficiency. Blows away a bunch of preconceived "old school" notions of how to make money. Will be reading more of his work.

Book was required reading for my Supply Chain Management coursework, but I found it very compelling and want more.

Pat Whatley

The Art of Color: The Subjective Experience and Objective Rationale of Color by Johannes Itten

Pretty dang interesting. It looks at color and color theory from a physics standpoint. I had to borrow it from a designer in town....the dang thing is $700.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
If you run a shop and don't listen to manager tools, you are really doing yourself a disservice.
-Checking this out now.

-In my shopping cart.

The Art of Color: The Subjective Experience and Objective Rationale of Color by Johannes Itten

Pretty dang interesting. It looks at color and color theory from a physics standpoint. I had to borrow it from a designer in town....the dang thing is $700.
-There are used versions on Amazon for about $270 (Which is still alot). The kindle edition is under $100, but I imagine that wouldn't work well considering the book is about color...

qmr55

Would love to read it, but for that price tag.....