• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what are you using to control static debris before lamination?

gabagoo

As the days get colder and the air gets dryer, the application of laminate has begun to get tedious with small bits of unkown dust and debris getting zapped to prints and laminate.
I try using a swiffer type brush but find that sometimes it doesn't always get rid of the stuff but relocate it.

Any ideas on what works really well? tac cloths?

Bigdawg

Just Me
We have a roller called the Particulate Cleaning System that has an adhesive pad. It picks up the lint and such, but also helps with static.

gabagoo

We have a roller called the Particulate Cleaning System that has an adhesive pad. It picks up the lint and such, but also helps with static.
tell me more Stacy.... is it a sign supply item or would I be able to buy one elsewhere?

Baz

I just use the "No Name" brand electrostatic cloths. Wipe the prints down twice and when rolling them up you brush off the backing as you go along. I also use these cloths to wipe down the first 24" or so of media before i start printing.

Jesse_gvi

You can get the static rollers and adhesive pads at either Advantage (PCR) or Fellers (One Pass). They're about $170 for a roller and pad.

It works great for cleaning dust off the rollers on the laminator.

Baz

I would try Loblaws first. I get them from a local grocery store that sells the No Name products (I think it's IGA).

J

john1

Use a tack cloth, You can get these at automotive parts stores as painters use these often. I have been using one for a year and it always works VERY well.

gabagoo

Use a tack cloth, You can get these at automotive parts stores as painters use these often. I have been using one for a year and it always works VERY well.

I have a couple of packages of tack cloths and use them to go over substrates. Just curious about them.
These were the first I had ever used and when I handle them I am sure they are leaving something on my hands that feels sort of like a cross between a waxy feel mixed with honey, if you know what I mean.
I am not saying for sure that they are leaving this on material as the feeling seems to disapate in a few seconds, but wondered if maybe these cloths are to old and should not have that feel.

JAMESGANGRACING

I own a auto body shop also and new tack rags are sticky like you say, I dont think I would want to use them on prints, but than I have never tried one.