• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what causes these little drips?

gabagoo

If the drops are located at the left and/or right ends only, and not really anywhere else on the print, it's likely that a fur, fuzz, hair, or other teeny-tiny thing that you can barely see, is there dangling from the print head, and as the print carriage changes direction, the ink drops get whipped off towards the sides.
Yes I think it is a combination of static and a hair.... I have lost some over the years. :)

rydods

Member for quite some time.
This happens to us often as well. Usually when we neglect to do a weekly manual cleaning. Around the heads, dampers and wipers and it always clears it up. Whether it's from hair lint static or whatever, cleaning seems to do the trick.

cstone94

Pro-Graphx
I think you are correct as yesterday it was very dry in here... Had lots of issues laminating too...Hate Winter!!! lol

Might be wise to add a humidifier to fight against static during the winter. You can also try anti-static wipes or fabric softener wipes also do the trick!