• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What cutter??????

Jag

Hey people,

I stumbled onto this forum, great info.

Im looking to cut vinyl lettering 3" x 10", such as "Forum Newbie". I will need to cut about 100 of these sentences a day. I will not be cutting graphics or anything much larger than that. I thought about getting a Roland 24" cutter. Am I going overboard? Could I get away with the 15"? Another vendor to save money? Is this 21 questions???
Seriously, I would like to keep expenses down but I don't want to buy an underpowered etc. cutter.

Thanks for your help!!!

Jag

gerald

Is this all you'll ever cut? Do you plan on expanding? How important is ease of weeding to you?

A 24" cutter will be your best choice and value. A 15" will work but you are limiting yourself - which is not worth the savings you may realize. Whatever you do, stick with a proven brand, such as Roland, Graphtec, Ioline, etc.

Jag

Expanding

I will not need to expand. The text will remain the same and the size will not change. I take it weeding is pulling pulling off excess vinyl????? I guess I just tilted my habd and let everyone know I've never done this before.....

Jag

Pro Signs & Graphix said:
A 24" cutter will be your best choice and value. A 15" will work but you are limiting yourself - which is not worth the savings you may realize. Whatever you do, stick with a proven brand, such as Roland, Graphtec, Ioline, etc.

I have not heard of Graphtec or Ioline. I will check them out.

Flame

Just out of plain freaking curiosity... what kind of stuff are you thinking of making???? 100 sentences a day? WTH? That makes no sense unless you work for a bunch of the states hospitals or something.??? Just kinda curious here...

24" will be easier on you IMO. I'm a Graphtec fan myself. Check 'em out. Stay away from plotters named after animals...

Jag

Flame Master said:
Just out of plain freaking curiosity... what kind of stuff are you thinking of making???? 100 sentences a day? WTH? That makes no sense unless you work for a bunch of the states hospitals or something.??? Just kinda curious here...

24" will be easier on you IMO. I'm a Graphtec fan myself. Check 'em out. Stay away from plotters named after animals...

License plate frames. Advertising for my business. I cant have them made in bulk as the sentance will change slightly.

Jag

Flame Master said:

LMAO, I just went to sign warehouse and was about to search on thier cougar, lynx and panther product.......

Pro Image

Jag said:
Thanks! Im checking it out. Its says its designtec. Is that like a Chevy and GMC thing?

Yep its a renamed "HOUSE" brand...........same thing as the ce3000 series.......

Techman

get a NAME brand..
suma, graphtec, roland,,
do not get a cheap one.. or you will be very sad someday..

Cadmn

repeat NO ANIMALS you'll be sorry 3" 10" license plate frame ? I could cut & send u unweeded.

Chino

dont think small man, at least get a 24" if you treated well it can be any brand this is your choice, all depends in your budget hope you made a wise decision Good Luck.

A 24" cutter will not be overkill. If you turn your 3" graphic sideways for cutting you can fit about 7 in a row, leaving very little waste.

However, if you plan to cut, weed, premask and stick 100 of these a day... you're not gonna have much time to run your business. If you don't plan to do anything else with the cutter, I think you would be better off to settle on 2 or 3 different phrases and have a few hundred at a time screenprinted....leaving your time free to run your business.