• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What do these smears mean? HP latex

Jasmin

Founder
What do these smears mean? HP latex

Attachments

• IMG_7327.PNG
    IMG_7327.PNG
    4.5 MB · Views: 198
  • IMG_7328.PNG
    IMG_7328.PNG
    4.8 MB · Views: 169

danno

It looks like something is on the bottom of the carriage. Is the print quality good on a production piece?

Precision

Open up your print head carriage as if you were going to change a print head. Check the printheads closest to you (front row) first. I bet they are good but have ink built up. These are latex so either using the stuff provided with your maintenence cleaning lit or just a micro Fibre towel and water. Once you finish the front do the back row. Then see if that helps.

I have this happen on my crappy test material I use to run the printhead maintenance and tests with. It just doesn't seem to want to absorb/cure the ink on that material but looks fine on the regular vinyl I run with the same tests. HP 360

ozpall

i get something like it if the media profile i select doesn't like the type of vinyl i use. usually with gloss poster paper if i select HP Photo paper it does something similar.