• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Review What do you prefer most channelume method or traditional trim on acrylic faces

visual800

"Since the 1970’s, Let-R-Edge is used worldwide and has proven to be the sign-fabricator and sign-purchaser letter system of choice."....................................................Never heard of this system, obviously worldwide did not include the southeast section of the US. Never seen this system being used ever.

Last edited:

mf11

"Since the 1970’s, Let-R-Edge is used worldwide and has proven to be the sign-fabricator and sign-purchaser letter system of choice."....................................................Never heard of this system, obviously worldwide did not include the southeast section of the US. Never seen this system being used ever.
We use both, channelume is way faster to build it but requires more precision to fix it and takes more time the installation process, it's difficult to fit it to the backing kind of struggle

visual800

We use both, channelume is way faster to build it but requires more precision to fix it and takes more time the installation process, it's difficult to fit it to the backing kind of struggle

Ahhh so it sucks? lol. No wonder no one uses it

spectrum maine

been around forever, needs a thicker backer to screw sides on. you cant call yourself old school unless you have seen this, it is cleaner appearing.

spectrum maine

we prefer sheet metal backs and trimcap. I would assume the letteredge/channellume stock is difficult to source. also you can change gauge as letter size goes up.

MikePro

we prefer sheet metal backs & returns with 1" trimcap.
can paint the returns of the letter any color I desire without having to paint mask the acrylic & replacement faces don't require remaking the entire letter.
....and a sheet of .063" aluminum is 1/3rd the cost of a 3/8" sheet of alumacorr.