• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What do you print on when a client requests posters

Buy solvent print poster paper. The kind we use is 6 mil, 45# Gloss photorealistic paper. It's 34 cents a square foot, which is less than calendared print film. Prints photorealistic just like its name.
We have an EPSON SURECOLOR S40600, for any chance do you know if is this material compatible with our eco solvent printer?

unclebun

We have an EPSON SURECOLOR S40600, for any chance do you know if is this material compatible with our eco solvent printer?
We use an Epson Surecolor S70670. Before that a Mimaki JV3. I am sure the paper works with solvent inks. It's made for it. The product is Magic Gloss Photo. Magic used to be called Intellicoat, but somewhere along the line changed names. You can get it from Grimco or Fellers or innumerable other dealers.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
For our usual runs on “standard” poster paper we buy in a 190gsm semi-gloss and it’s about $0.08/sqft (based on exchange rates). Still very cheap, runs like a dream and the margins are considerable.

For our usual runs on “standard” poster paper we buy in a 190gsm semi-gloss and it’s about $0.08/sqft (based on exchange rates). Still very cheap, runs like a dream and the margins are considerable.

You run this media on the Colorado UV or the solvent?

PortlandPrint

I have been using the Roland paparazzi photo matte. It is 38 cents a square foot in a single roll. I have some other gloss paper that is much much cheaper but I have not been able to get it to print all that nice.

Issue for me is how slow my printer is.

10sacer

I have a dedicated flatbed and print a lot of thin .010 or .020 styrene. I keep any drops over 48 x 48 and print one off posters on them for folks. Cheap and easy and waterproof and if they want it to adhere to a wall or window, I use a removable microperf adhesive from Drytac and make it into a "decal" of sorts. Can be put on face of print or back.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
Thanks guys...it is one of my regular clients and the request is for one of their clients but there are 15 different files and the order could be 1 5 or 10 copies of any of the 15, so it is not something I want to outsource, especially during these times when I have more than enough time to print inhouse.
I print on cheap sticker material. and give it to them with the back on it.

There are several different materials like paper and vinyl that you can use to print a poster. You can also try using Eco-Solvent Poster Paper. It’s a soft textured matter paper with a white surface that can be used for different types of artwork. It is also lighter in weight compared to most other fine art papers. It is known for its durability which is provided by the tough surface that’s crated by printing with UV, latex, and eco-solvent inks.

It has an archival quality which is ideal for artists that are looking to expand into different businesses providing posters. The durability offers a long life to the posters. It also reduces the risk of ready to frame prints being damaged easily by anyone handling them. There are also different types of Eco Solvent material that are used for several different purposes like Eco-Solvent Polyester Canvas, Eco-Solvent Poly-Cotton Canvas, Eco-Solvent Paste Up Wallpaper, Eco-Solvent Velvet Art Paper. These materials might be suitable for some other purposes which might not be of interest to you. But if you want to print posters, I’d suggest you get in touch with Board Printing Company and get your prints delivered to you. We will also be able to guide you properly knowing your exact requirements and will suggest the best paper to print posters on.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Depending on the qty we run Roll to roll thru the UV (short runs or satin prints) & larger runs thru the Latex (glossy). Either way they come out awesome for us on our 9 or 17 pt poster paper.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Paper poster material usually, but for longer lasting water proof posters, we print on the same material for our roll up banners, a polypropylene with the grey back.