• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What file-types do you accept for customer supplied "logos"

fresh

Does anyone have a policy that they must provide a certain file type? I'm fighting with a stupid photoshop file that I'm quite positive was never set up correctly. They also gave me a PNG file, which I really haven't noticed to be very "portable" in Corel. Honestly, I can't remember anyone sending me a photoshop file I can't export, but I think this one was made by a "friend." Seriously, there is no way any designer, good or bad, would come up with this crap. And its TINY. Argh.

Anyway, I need to make a new policy that we only accept PDF / EPS / JPG files in full resolution, I'm curious if others do the same. I know a few of my vendors charge extra for anything other than a pdf, as we get busier, i see why.

Baz

I accept anything. Scanned business card, Smart phone photo of crappy old sign, Faxed black and white picture.

Only way they will save on a 75.00$ charge is if they send me a nice vector .eps - .ai - .pdf file. :thumb:

ddubia

We accept anything and charge to make it useable. I'm surprised at how many customers will rather pay the recreation fee rather than track down a good file that they already own.

Mosh

I take anything, I charge if it is a PITA, most times I just fluff the sign price to cover the re-draw. Some people get pissy if the art their nephew made for them is only 75x75 and they want it 48" tall and I tell them it won't work...."it looks good on the 'puter"

TXFB.INS

We accept anything and charge to make it useable. I'm surprised at how many customers will rather pay the recreation fee rather than track down a good file that they already own.

Laziness and/or they think it is beneath them to track something down that they think is trivial

rjssigns

If it comes from other shops or designers it is a PDF. Otherwise we take whatever and charge to make it work. Faster and simpler. All supplied files get pre-flighted too.

binki

Our most unusual was a picture of a tattoo off someones arm. Mostly we get garbage and have to redraw it. Some customers actually have the original vector art but those are few.

If we can make out what it is then we will take it and send a proof, if they like it then we run with it. Normally those customers are not very picky.