• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What ink do you run in your Mimaki? What do you recommend?

Atari

I've got a clog on my JV33-160 and some older Triangle JVV ("true solvent") installed using Triangle's Easy-Fill bulk system. The system is currently installed with dual CMYK pass-through carts that come with the Triangle system.

After I flush the printer/head, change dampers, etc. I plan to change out the ink. Since I don't plan to use the printer very often, I am considering using small refillable cartridges instead of the bulk system.

Some questions for anyone that knows that answer...

• Does solvent ink "go bad" after a period of time? (Months, not years). I still have 1/2 liter of the triangle JVV ink but it's "expired" at this point according the to the reset chips they provide.
  • Would using smaller carts be better for lower usage than the bulk system?
  • Can you recommend an aftermarket / 3rd party Eco-Solvent ink that works well for you?
  • Can you recommend a refillable cartridge and permanent chip that works well for you?

MikePro

shrinking your cartridge size, won't make any difference.
if you only intend to use the printer every so often, you still have to keep the ink cycling & the working parts clean.

ink doesn't go "bad", really, but it does seperate/settle... which makes it "bad" for what the printer was designed to use it for. Much like a dialysis machine. ink is the blood of your printer.

o, and I use Bordeaux. Triangle is good too.

Robert M

low use

If it were my printer I would go back to sealed cartridges. The open refill type carts are going to give you more trouble than savings on a low use printer.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

gabagoo

I think I am going to start using this jetbest ink. Spoke to a fellow sign guy who has been using it for over 4 years with no complaints. I will go for the bulk version. My printer is now 7 years old and I am pretty anal about maintenance so hopefully it works well.

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
Mimaki ink

1. start using that printer more. that is why you bought it, right???
2. use OEM ink. the fact you are wasting time with "Refills" for a machine you barely use is comical. what exactly are you saving? time or money?
3. see number one. out sourcing the wholesale method if you have to. its better business.

-mosher