• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is a used HP Latex 110 Printer worth

brentjosker

Okay so i have a chance to buy a used HP latex 110 printer, CHEAP! i have always stayed away from latex printers due to the unknown factor, I'm an old solvent ink dog. I have my trusty Mutoh 1624X and it has been an absolute workhorse, but considering selling it and going with the Latex. Can anyone give me some pros and cons of the latex and what this machine is worth, i have looked on-line but the prices are all over the place, no idea why.

rjssigns

Buy it and keep the Mutoh. I also own a 1624x. A few years ago I was looking at printers and was going to go latex. Even wired my office for one. Deal breaker for me was not being able to use drop from large jobs. Latex has no way to reliably feed an 18"x18" piece, or any other size drop for that matter. This is critical for me as I make good coin from what others would throw out.

There are some other issues as well but if I could get a latex dirt cheap I would. Keep it loaded with banner or matte calendared and keep cast in the Mutoh.
Each rig has its strengths and having both would allow you to exploit them.

jochwat

Graphics Department
Yeah no problem. There is no discontinue date for them and it won't come for at least few years anyways. So minimum 5 years from today it's still officially supported.
As it's basically same as 115 and 365 etc. which is still sold today.
My mistake, I thought it was using the 792 inks.

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
I piggy-back short pieces to bigger roll substrates, held in place with blue masking tape.
You have to be aware of the shortfalls, but when you need to use a piece for whatever reason, there are workarounds for the problems. But you will need to be creative - or tape a scrap leading and trailing edge to it.

RandyDe

I piggy-back short pieces to bigger roll substrates, held in place with blue masking tape.
You have to be aware of the shortfalls, but when you need to use a piece for whatever reason, there are workarounds for the problems. But you will need to be creative - or tape a scrap leading and trailing edge to it.
Great idea!

Ashley Smith

I bought my L26500 used for $2100 off of Craigslist when I was about 3 years in. I wanted Latex because my print volume was unsteady. Sometimes I would print for days, and then it would sit idle for a week or two. It was a workhorse. I used it for over 2 years and it died the week I bought my L365, which I don't like as much as the L26500. I was able to sell the old machine to a scrapper when it died. He came and picked it up, too! I love the easy parts exchange of the Latex machines... no more techs to seat printheads and such. Instant dry time is awesome, too. Go right from printing to laminating - what a luxury! :)
I'd buy it, especially if it's a great bargain. If you don't like it you can always turn around and sell it yourself.

RandyDe

I have mixed feelings about our HP Latex 110. We've had to have service here 2 times to fix it and we find it quite a bit of work to get media's profiled and linearized. We have a lot of issues with some media buckling and warping which causes head strikes. For the most part the machine works great but when you get to heavy coverage... our machine has been a bit of a bit*%. Interestingly I just received and email this morning from HP stating that there is a firmware update for the machine (to address some online connectivity issues). If you can get it for deal it could be a good device to enter Latex.