• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is everyones experience with Grimco

ckent

The irony, coming from an industry that untouched wholesale goods are marked up 100%+, materials are marked up 300%, people can work from their basement and get over $100 an hour.... Lol I could go on here
LOL, I dont think their vinyl prices are all that high and the ink seems to be the same price everywhere.

kcollinsdesign

Old member
The irony, coming from an industry that untouched wholesale goods are marked up 100%+, materials are marked up 300%, people can work from their basement and get over $100 an hour.... Lol I could go on here
Not around these parts! Everybody in a 150 mile radius from me buys from the same wholesalers, and it is a race to the bottom as far as pricing goes (20% – 40% margin on buy-outs, 40% margin on raw goods). The money is made in installation and service.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Higher than some internet only suppliers, but their prices are decent if you are in their delivery area. I order over $100 I get free delivery (great for sheet goods).
That's just it. I'm about 2 hrs from their warehouse and they run a route up here everyday. I can order 2 sheets of maxmetal for 100 bucks and they pay a dude to come bring it to me. Even if he is passing by, it still takes time to get off the interstate, get into my shop, unload, get the ticket signed, back to the interstate etc. So they have $40-50 in bringing me 100 bucks in material? Even if they got it for free, it hardly seems worth it. Meanwhile, the guy putting up the signs, that bitches about grimcos prices, charges everyone travel time to and from the jobsite plus whatever the install is. I think they're pretty fair.

asd

other than not having anything in stock out of their denver location, i would think they are doing great buying out their competitors. they were my last vendor that I would call to place an order due to the fact that they were always out of sometimes basic sign supplies. To answer your question they are one of least favorite distributor and now they have this new thing of drop shipping directly from vendor because they want to save a dollar in shipping costs is going come back and bite in the ass.

TateM

We used to use Grimco for years, but stopped. We negotiated pricing with them and they all of our sudden raised those prices dramatically. We're talking a roll of material going up an additional $300. They refused to lower it back down and we even had to point out that any site like Sign Warehouse even has lower pricing. Too much was drop shipped, which was a problem because we never got tracking or an ETA, it too extra time and orders were often incorrect.

We have since been using Feller's. It seems a lot of people on here don't like them, but I have been in contact with several other suppliers and no one was willing to touch their pricing or match their order processing speed. It seemed every other vendor I was in contact with was bothered that we were even looking for buy from them.

MHester

I use Grimco all the time as well. Online ordering has never been a problem. Most issues are with UPS deliveries, they destroy my vinyl rolls all the time. Not Grimco's fault though, they realize this and always add extra wrap around the box ends for me now. Aluminum always get damaged, no matter what they try to do. Not sure why they always ship my stuff UPS instead of Grimco truck deliver, since they're only a 40 minute drive from me. It's not like I'm ordering odd stuff.... Gotta take the good with the bad....things could be worse....