• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is everyones experience with Grimco

ckent

What does everyone think of Grimco? I set up an account with them as we are a company that is new to sign making to start to order supplies. So far 3 of 3 orders on their website have messed up. Basically they have $600 tied up because of website errors and no prospect of an order in their system. Has anyone else had issues lately?

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Can't remember ever having a problem with them... I order 100% online unless I got to call them up for them price match on something.

ckent

Yeah I placed an order this weekend and got an error, my account was charged but no orders in my account so I tried again, got two bank charges for the total. So I called Monday, apparently half of their site was down so a bunch of orders from this weekend were messed up. Then today I try to order again since they said they would return the other funds and after successfully placing the order, seeing the charge on my bank, there are no orders again. Called them pretty upset but basically there was nothing that could be done until tomorrow. Just curious if others are having issue or am I the only one.

Tim Miller

We order from Grimco all the time; they've been reliable and easy to work with. Lately, the supply chain is so messed up that nothing is normal, but they seem to be doing their best.

MNT_Printhead

Working among the Corporate Lizard People
They don't seem to stock much of anything outside of inks and briteline media near me. I try to avoid using Grimco because I have had so many rolls of media arrive damaged after being shipped. One time I was shipped an incorrect cutting blade for my Summa - that only took a month and half and about 6 phone calls to get sorted out.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
They've mostly been reliable as a material supplier, until lately with supply chain issues. I get everyone is going through this but they've been the worst out of our top 3 suppliers.

I've been waiting 2 months for a 3M wrap bundle.....and they literally have no idea when we'll see it. Waited 1+ months for an Avery wrap bundle, until I found out another supplier has stock locally.

Our new ordering strategy is order 2-3 times what we would usually get, because who knows when you'll be able to get it again.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We started using Grimco about 20 years ago. Was never impressed with their knowledge or integrity. They seemed most interested in selling at no matter what the cost. They sold it, whether is was correct or not.... anyway around these parts. Used them less and less and as they acquired more and more distributors, their service seemed to dwindle even more. For some stupid reason, in most cases, they got rid of the knowledgeable people and replaced them with more used car salespeople. I'm sure they're experiencing the supply problems like everyone else, but I think there's also a lotta ball dropping on their end and they really don't care. For most people, where else are ya gonna go ??

Like white haus, it seems to be to your advantage to overstock and warehouse some of your own needs.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
We started using Grimco about 20 years ago. Was never impressed with their knowledge or integrity. They seemed most interested in selling at no matter what the cost. They sold it, whether is was correct or not.... anyway around these parts. Used them less and less and as they acquired more and more distributors, their service seemed to dwindle even more. For some stupid reason, in most cases, they got rid of the knowledgeable people and replaced them with more used car salespeople. I'm sure they're experiencing the supply problems like everyone else, but I think there's also a lotta ball dropping on their end and they really don't care. For most people, where else are ya gonna go ??

Like white haus, it seems to be to your advantage to overstock and warehouse some of your own needs.
Home Depot did that with their people about 10 years ago. They used to staff the departments with people that had trade experience and could actually properly answer questions.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Home Depot did that with their people about 10 years ago. They used to staff the departments with people that had trade experience and could actually properly answer questions.

Attachments

• i-know-more-than-you-i-know-you.gif
    i-know-more-than-you-i-know-you.gif
    3 MB · Views: 102

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Half the people working in lowes and home depot ride around on those handicapped scooters. Too much trouble for them to stand around doing nothing. Then, they go home and ask their spouses...... why can't I lose any weight ??

I'll betcha, there's 25 or 30 of those carts in a store and they're always being used.

..........................................Reminds me, is it time for a twinkies break ??

DPD

What does everyone think of Grimco? I set up an account with them as we are a company that is new to sign making to start to order supplies. So far 3 of 3 orders on their website have messed up. Basically they have $600 tied up because of website errors and no prospect of an order in their system. Has anyone else had issues lately?
I use them and have not had any issues

ckent

So they have fixed my issues as of today. I have one order in the system and got the refund for the two from over the weekend. The sales lady I emailed has been apologetic but it still not a great first impression. I am glad to hear its not a common occurrence, so I will probably continue to order from them and just call this a fluke.