• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions What is the average cost of DX7 printhead?

Anup

Hello Fellow Members!

I am just confused with the procurement of a Epson DX7 printhead for my Roland V640i.

Two things are the main pain points, price and quality?

I am from India so here its coming at an average cost of $1700 something and that too without any warranty and installation.

While I have checked with other places(websites) and the highest rate is around $900, that too without any warranty and installation.

I have been warned by local technicians that such cheap printhead and used or of low quality and wont survive even a week.

Kindly let me know what are the trusted sourced to procure the printhead online.

For now I have checked with https://www.digiprint-supplies.com and Alibaba but need for references.

Thanks

jimmmi

I thing the one you found in digiprint-supplies is the cheaper, guaranteed to work. All other websites with priceso 600-700-900 and so on are fake websites. Stealing your money. You pay them and never send anything.

astro8

I thing the one you found in digiprint-supplies is the cheaper, guaranteed to work. All other websites with priceso 600-700-900 and so on are fake websites. Stealing your money. You pay them and never send anything.

This is the truth...all other sites are fake and will steal your money..

Wyatt183

Although prices appear good on Alibaba stay away. They promise a lot but dont deliver and Alibaba has no desire to help you. Pay a little more and avoid the scams and trouble of being scammed. This is from someone who experienced the scams first hand.

Anup

any idea what is the average life of the DX7 printhead?

Gene@mpls

Our first RF640 was rode hard for 3 years and still prints great as far as I know. We replaced it with the same printer simply because we cannot be down and the price is really reasonable for the amount it makes- and the old one was worth 40-50% of the new prices.

jimmmi

any idea what is the average life of the DX7 printhead?

Unfortunately i i don't have a printer using DX7. Some other members should answer your question, and better with Roland printer that has DX7 because printer to printer has different life span due to different cleaning circles, spares etc

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Most Epson print heads are rated for 6 billion fires. In my experience that means about 3 to 5 years although for dye sub it tends to be more like 18 months to 2 years. I have seen a solvent DX5 last for over 10 years.