• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is the best brand of vinyle film adhesive you ever used ?

club of colors

Hey Dear folks,
Please can you tell me what is the best brand of vinyle film adhesive you ever used ?
monomer for flat surface and polymer for curved surfaces like cars or so,
USA, European, Chinese ... all brands combined.

Thank you.

somcalmetim

3M 180, 1080 or 2080 for vehicles...stretches/conforms with air release adhesive and stays removable for 7-9+ years.
3M 40C for most indoor...air release, repositionable, etc...
Used to dread 3M removals but had good luck with it for last 15+ years...Used lots of Arlon as well but the 3M vehicle stuff is just better all around from install to removal.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
It's always fascinating when someone who's been a member for 3 years, yet has never posted ...flies out of the woodwork with a weird loaded question like this. Do your research and set up a poll. There are many many threads and discussion already about this.

Stacey K

I like making signs
My favorite is oracal 751 for all cut vinyl - it weeds way better than 3M or Avery. For printed vehicle graphics I use Arlon SLX+ - love it!

When I have to substitute 3M or Avery for Oracal I cringe because they weed like crap IMO.

club of colors

Polymer as in polymer calander for curved surfaces?

Good luck.
Yes dear.
In this order...... 3M, Avery, Oracal, Arlon, then others.
Thanks SightLine for your direct response.
It's always fascinating when someone who's ...
Very fascinating how we can misinterpret a very simple question.

Do your research and set up a poll.
This is exactly what i'm doing. What is better, in research, than asking expert people ?
a weird loaded question like this.
It's just a simple question, no need to "weirdly loaded" it with improbables meanings.
If you have any suggestions to answer my question, please tell us. if not, it's ok too.
My favorite is oracal 751 for all cut vinyl - it weeds way better than 3M or Avery. For printed vehicle graphics I use Arlon SLX+ - love it!

When I have to substitute 3M or Avery for Oracal I cringe because they weed like crap IMO.
Thank Stacey for your thoughts. Very helpful

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Never having used 'vinyle' I couldn't say. If you mean 'vinyl', everyone has their favorites and most differences are subjective. Ford vs Chevrolet vs Dodge pickups.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Yes dear.

Thanks SightLine for your direct response.

Very fascinating how we can misinterpret a very simple question.

This is exactly what i'm doing. What is better, in research, than asking expert people ?

It's just a simple question, no need to "weirdly loaded" it with improbables meanings.
If you have any suggestions to answer my question, please tell us. if not, it's ok too.

Thank Stacey for your thoughts. Very helpful
No need to be a twat over responses to your stupid vague question.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I don't see the poll. You can set up an actual poll on here - where people can click boxes and make choices.... like voting.

club of colors

Never having used 'vinyle' I couldn't say. If you mean 'vinyl', everyone has their favorites and most differences are subjective. Ford vs Chevrolet vs Dodge pickups.
You know what I mean about "vinyle". Yes, maybe you're right about subjectivity of everyone's preferences. But after many responses, you can see the top brands of this industry to consider. Thanks.
No need to be a twat over responses to your stupid vague question.
No need to be disrespectful if it's very hard to tell what brand you do prefer of something. Because your response here is useless. Thanks
I don't see the poll. You can set up an actual poll on here - where people can click boxes and make choices.... like voting.
Yes, very good suggestion. I didn't think it's possible to do it here. Thanks.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ya know, I find this thread very useful...... maybe not for the same reasons as the OP, but it sure brings to surface some people's innerselves.

As for your initial request, I think the particular application has a lot to do with which brand being used on various projects.

club of colors

As for your initial request, I think the particular application has a lot to do with which brand being used on various projects.
Thanks Gino. Yes, the application defines what brand to use. Can you tell me, please, your top preferences for a flat surface (indoor) and for a curved surface (car wrapping).
You know, i'm a printer and a distributor of digital media printing materials in my country, and there is almost a monopoly in benefit of Orafol and the exclusive distributor of this brand "plays" a lot with prices and I don't like it.
I'm searching if I can suggests to customers another brand with the same quality of Orafol with affordable and "stable" prices.

Do you think my origin have something to do with those "unjustified" attacks i'm getting here ?

Thanks again.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Thanks Gino. Yes, the application defines what brand to use. Can you tell me, please, your top preferences for a flat surface (indoor) and for a curved surface (car wrapping).
You know, i'm a printer and a distributor of digital media printing materials in my country, and there is almost a monopoly in benefit of Orafol and the exclusive distributor of this brand "plays" a lot with prices and I don't like it.
I'm searching if I can suggests to customers another brand with the same quality of Orafol with affordable and "stable" prices.

Do you think my origin have something to do with those "unjustified" attacks i'm getting here ?

Thanks again.
It's possible that things got lost in translation. As Bob said, material is 90% preference when comparing apples to apples. Availability, pricing, your preference on it's install characteristics, how it prints, backing etc etc. Some people like to wrap with 3M and others like stuff that hardly sticks like Avery 1105. Then you have Arlon SLX which acts like Avery 1105 and SLX+ that is more similar in tack to 3M IMO. Don't use a monomeric for anything except cheap trash. I'd suggest not even entertaining using it if you're a general sign shop. The material itself can also change over time so this is not a question that can really be answered. Like with anything else, use a good name brand, use the proper type vinyl (cast or cal), the proper laminate for the application and you will be fine with whatever brand you use.