• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is the best brand of vinyle film adhesive you ever used ?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Gino. Yes, the application defines what brand to use. Can you tell me, please, your top preferences for a flat surface (indoor) and for a curved surface (car wrapping).
You know, i'm a printer and a distributor of digital media printing materials in my country, and there is almost a monopoly in benefit of Orafol and the exclusive distributor of this brand "plays" a lot with prices and I don't like it.
I'm searching if I can suggests to customers another brand with the same quality of Orafol with affordable and "stable" prices.

Do you think my origin have something to do with those "unjustified" attacks i'm getting here ?

Thanks again.

I'd rather not sway you one way or another. Next, if it goes wrong, you're blaming me and bad mouthing me and what do I know about you ?? Nothing. Sell whatever ya can make a buck off of and do your thang.

Attacking people here is most definitely not gonna help you at all. Your the new kid on the block. Just remember that.

club of colors

@Notarealsignguy, thank you for your response, very helpful. Sorry if i said something that's not very appropriate.
I'd suggest not even entertaining using it if you're a general sign shop
I don't know how the price are on your side, but here there is a huge difference between monomeric(1,6$/m) and polymeric(6$/m) and final customer can't see the difference between the two types and will reject your prices every time.
I think the attacks are justified
So, they are attacks! Lol
and I find your attitude quite disrespectful
Sorry, I didn't mean it to be that way.
Like with anything else, use a good name brand, use the proper type vinyl (cast or cal), the proper laminate for the application and you will be fine with whatever brand you use.
Noted, thanks.

ikarasu

Thanks Gino. Yes, the application defines what brand to use. Can you tell me, please, your top preferences for a flat surface (indoor) and for a curved surface (car wrapping).
You know, i'm a printer and a distributor of digital media printing materials in my country, and there is almost a monopoly in benefit of Orafol and the exclusive distributor of this brand "plays" a lot with prices and I don't like it.
I'm searching if I can suggests to customers another brand with the same quality of Orafol with affordable and "stable" prices.

Do you think my origin have something to do with those "unjustified" attacks i'm getting here ?

Thanks again.
You're a distributor and you recommend calendared polymeric for vehicle wraps / curved surfaces? I hope it's just a language thing and you don't!

For curved surfaces / vehicles, a cast vinyl is always needed. You can get away with a polymeric vinyl for flat vehicle surfaces in some areas, if there isnt a lot of sun... But the cost of labor to install means people generally spend the extra $50 in material using a good, long 10 year cast vinyl VS a Calander vinyl so that they don't have to come back and redo it in a year.

as for which brand is best / better.... Everyone has their preference. as long as you stick to one of the big name brands, you should be fine.... Some of your customers will like Certain brands better because thats what they learned to wrap with, and they handle differently.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Being a one person shop I don't like to have a lot of rolls sitting here so I keep it simple.

Vehicles Printed: Arlon SLX+/Lam
Vehicles Cut Vinyl: Oracal Black, White, Cardinal Red - always in stock in the larger rolls. I also have go-to colors which are typically in stock but in 10 yard rolls. Oracal King Blue, Light Blue, Gray, 3M Bright Orange, a few others. If Oracal is not available, I go to 3M then Avery.

Calendared Vinyl for short term things banners, coroplast: ShineRite (Fellers) Black, White, Red - in stock large rolls at all times. Other colors are just random miscellaneous ones I've used for specific projects.

Outdoor signs: 3M IJ35 or 40 with 2 mil lam
Other printing I use same vinyl but might use calendared laminate Briteline Shield UV luster finish

Banner 13oz - Arlon DPF 313 which is going to be discontinued
Banner 15oz - HP double sided smooth

Window Perf and Translucent- I typically order it out from Signs365.

Anything other than the above I find a friend to print it and ship it to me! Matt Stark at Pro Color Graphics has helped me a few times with some odd ball stuff.

I'd like to find a cheaper calendared vinyl I could use for very short term things like my sons race car that I will have to wrap this year LOL 11