• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is the QR code on printhead for?

TMAhoia

Please still new to all these Mutoh printers....what is the QR code for? is it installed/inputted into printer? Your help is gladly appreciated.

netsol

you can do that with a 1d barcode
there is a huge amount of info that can be stored in a 2d barcode,

Kemik

I sell stickers and sticker accessories.
Some manufacturers use the QR code to store head rank information to be input into the printer at install, but I am not familiar with ValueJet print heads.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Not to make fun of you... But I'm going to... WHY did you think the QR was necessary to make the cartridge work? I can understand curiosity... But, have you never run the printer you have, and replaced the ink?

TMAhoia

Wow seriously? sheesh ....someone else on another group asked if I put the QR code after I replaced the printhead in and when I asked him if it was necessary he didnt bother to reply back. Anyhow thank you for your time. Mahalo.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Wow seriously? sheesh ....someone else on another group asked if I put the QR code after I replaced the printhead in and when I asked him if it was necessary he didnt bother to reply back. Anyhow thank you for your time. Mahalo.
You're welcome. don't take my questions too personal. I Can't speak for the "other group", or the guy that "advised" you and ghosted you... But I think solvent (and others) answered your question. Here. I'm here to learn, and some times I comment on silly questions... So someone will school me. No need to get defensive, it's easier to explain why you asked.

netsol

one thing about the internet. people who know LESS THAN YOU about a topic will always have an opinion,
and sergey brin's algorithm will always put them on top (NOTHING ANNOYS ME MORE than doing a search for a technical topic and having the top 5 results being people saying "i never understood that either")

netsol

back to the original post (remember him?)
the guy that replied to you probably figured the head rank was so long, they had to make it into a QR code