• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is THIS called? (picture attached)

tedbragg

what-is-this-called.jpg

I've been trying for MONTHS to locate a pair of these for our ROLAND. The unit came with a built-in dispenser spindle for the vinyl rolls, but it's warped now and causing problems. I've used THESE things at my last job -- they stick into each end of the vinyl roll, the twist handle tightens it up and the extra large..."rim"? rolls freely and smooth. We never had smearing issues when using these -- whatever they're called. I've asked GRimco, GoGSG and a few other places about these, and they're befuddled. They don't know what I'm talking about. So I KNOW I'm not calling or describing them right.

Can anybody here help me out on this? I drew this from memory -- is supposed to be the backside of a Roland xr640...

Thanks.

netsol

works great.
i just loaded a roll whose core wasdistorted.
it wouldn't track straight, no matter how i loaded it. with original hub, one side would wobble.
this piece can tighten enough that my tracking is stable. ran 100 ft. of troublesome roll with no problem