• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is wrong with this pdf...........................................................................

JBurton

Signtologist
I got a PDF from a customer, perfect... except it's not.
It's all vectors and yet it's 2.3mb?
It's 4 lines of text, all fonts I have, but nothing for the life of me will let this file import into corel. Usually I can just print it with a pdf creator and I'll at least get something to work from. Negative here. I can lay it out, but after 3 frustrating minutes, I'd rather bend this file to my will!
Anybody know what's wrong with it? Can anybody import it and convert it to curves. Fonts are League Spartan and Sanchez.

Attachments

• FINAL APPROVED GRAPHIC.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 178

Humble PM

If I'm lucky, one day I'll be a Eudyptula minor
Can't see anything wrong.

Screenshot 2023-09-06 at 20.44.00.png

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I opened it in Illustrator and it has 2 clipping masks that don't seem to be doing anything. When I deleted them and saved the file, it was 86kb. I don't have those fonts though so my file won't help you. Whatever program they used to make the file probably saves PDF weird.

TumwaterTom

I outlined the type in acrobat, then opened in AI and deleted everything but the outlined type. Should be good to go.

Attachments

• FINAL APPROVED GRAPHIC_outlined.pdf
    86 KB · Views: 111

unclebun

I was able to import it to Corel Draw as objects, since I don't have the fonts. Although I got two rectangles (presumably the clipping paths) and deleted them, the O of DONE is corrupt and doesn't import. I've attached the rest of the file.

Attachments

• Hefleys.pdf
    29.5 KB · Views: 111

garyroy

Does this PDF file work for you? See attached.
I exported it from Corel

Attachments

• Hefleys Corel.pdf
    386.2 KB · Views: 106

JBurton

Signtologist
So what's everyone's version of corel here? I'm working out of x6, and just got either two boxes, or a jim jam of characters that aren't in the file at all.
I appreciate everyone giving it a go, I went on and priced it all based on a screen shot, 8' X 7', matte black, interior, installed, $784.87. How low am I?

garyroy

I'm X6 and it opened as objects in my version no problem.
PM me with your email and I'll email you back the Corel file.
I tried to attach to the forum post but it won't allow CDR files.
I'll be here another 10 minutes

JBurton

Signtologist
Dammit...... thought is was one of my threads..........................................................
I find I get a lot more responses if it looks like................................................ this. Take that with a grain of salt...
I'm X6 and it opened as objects in my version no problem.
PM me with your email and I'll email you back the Corel file.
I tried to attach to the forum post but it won't allow CDR files.
I'll be here another 10 minutes
No worries on the cdr file, all these pdfs came right in.
I'm more curious why your would work and mine wouldn't. I tried import, drag and drop, and open in corel, all both as curves and text. Best I could get had random characters in place of the originals, but at least the font was correct and scaled properly. Every other method just gave me two rectangles.
1694038063372.png

Humble PM

If I'm lucky, one day I'll be a Eudyptula minor
I opened it in Illustrator and it has 2 clipping masks that don't seem to be doing anything. When I deleted them and saved the file, it was 86kb. Whatever program they used to make the file probably saves PDF weird.

Selective quote, but.................................Has SI found the cure for this plague upon our houses?

DL Signs

Never go against the family
It's not just Corel that has issues with them... To avoid headaches when I get Canva created files, I try to open them once, if they don't open right, if they aren't usable, or print ready, I just smile, and flat out reject them. I don't get a lot of them thankfully.

Johnny Best

The .pdf open fine on my IPad without a problem. I have no Illustrqtor or draw programs on it.
It said... HEFLEYS DO HARD THINGS small copy under (GET IT DONE & REPEAT)

tulsagraphics

I was just ranting about Canva files this morning. It is a SCOURGE upon the profession.
Yep. My guess is that a lot of (non professional) apps aren't tightly integrated with Adobe. Instead of developers paying Adobe for access to their advanced libraries and rendering engines, they just opt for a quick GPL library (off GitHub, for example) and call it a day. As such, we get poorly optimized results from the likes of Canva, PowerPoint, etc... Sucks for us that need high quality artwork, but I guess we were never the intended audience anyway.

CanuckSigns

Yep. My guess is that a lot of (non professional) apps aren't tightly integrated with Adobe. Instead of developers paying Adobe for access to their advanced libraries and rendering engines, they just opt for a quick GPL library (off GitHub, for example) and call it a day. As such, we get poorly optimized results from the likes of Canva, PowerPoint, etc... Sucks for us that need high quality artwork, but I guess we were never the intended audience anyway.
"But it looks fine on my phone"