• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is your quoting procedure?

CanuckSigns

To have the chance at larger jobs, you are just going to have to bite the bullet and estimate labor costs. Essentially all project managers, purchasing agents, plain old business folk are going to be leary of signing a contract to pay you potentially infinite money for your labor...
Agreed, every large company we've ever done work for wants a firm quote to produce the job, any additional costs need to be approved and a change order is issued PRIOR to the additional work being done. No one is going to let you submit a "rough" quote and then issue a final invoice for a higher amount, it just won't get paid.

You need to make sure the quote has enough buffer built into it so you can still be profitable even if you need to add extra labour to the job.

gnubler

Thanks for the tips. To be specific, part of the project involves vinyl removal on two sides of a structure about 20ft high. I've seen it mentioned numerous times on the forum how removals "take as long as they take". I estimated 3-4 hours for removal, but honestly won't know until we have our hands in it.