• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what kind of material to use for translucent stickers? Customers does not want the black background. I have a mutoh vj 1324

BrendaIsela

IMG_1512.jpeg

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Do you (or they) have a vector of this so you can remove the background? If not, you might have to re-draw it.

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Oracal has a transparent permanent adhesive media (3651G). Not sure if it's compatible with your printer though. We've used it in the past and it worked well.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Call your supplier and ask what they recommend for the job. There are many types of translucent just like regular vinyl. Pretty much every major brand has translucent options.

MikePro

if by transluscent, you mean clear with image printed on it, you would need the ability to print white.
if white transluscent is good-enough, as your printer only uses CMYK, then go with any eco-solvent receptive transluscent white vinyl recommended by your supplier.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
We use Oracal 3651 clear.

As already mentionedm, you will need white ink capabilities in order to prime behind the image so that it doesn't get washed out - unless decals will be applied to white surfaces only.

signbrad

If your client has only given you a pixel image to work with, perhaps because they created the art in a program like Canva, they have created extra work for you.
You should charge them for the extra time required to make this image usable. You could create a clip to remove the black, but it may not be perfect. And is the resolution any good in the first place?
You could ask for a vector image, but chances are they gave you all they had.

Or you can bite the bullet and re-create as a vector, explaining that there will be an art charge because the artwork is unsuitable.

Then, keep your time and charge for it.
Don't feel sorry for them. If they want to be a designer, they need to pay the price.

Brad in Kansas City