• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What kind of translucent vinyl for install?

rlmercer

One of my good customers is opening a new building very soon and wanted to match something he saw for several of the glass panels in the building. A general cast translucent is still too opaque for what he's looking for. I'm leaning towards the Avery White 60% Diffuser. Any one have any better ideas? See below for picture of what he wants.

Thanks!

elevation_windows.jpg

Attachments

• elevation_windows.jpg
    elevation_windows.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 184

rlmercer

Those sound like good options, but I don't have a lot of experience with those. What brand do you suggest for frosted/etched glass vinyl? And if you wouldn't mind, do you have any installation tips?

John in Cali

I have mainly used Arlon or 3M, even GMI in a pinch. I suppose if you can find one with a colored backer, that makes weeking easier. If you get the clear back, weed on top of a dark colored surfuce. I used wet application when I first started out, and I don't remember having any problems. These days I would apply it dry.

khalek|designs

I also recommend the 3M range. Dusted crystal is by far the easiest to apply in my opinion. I think the frosted range comes in 5 different colors too but because it has the frosted particles, it makes it kinda brittle and easy to rip.

Looks great though when applied :)