• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What Kind of Trimmer are you using?

cfbeagle

I am in the market for a wide format trimmer to cut prints and some substrates.

Right now I have several sheets of .030" polycarbonate that needs to be cut in to various sizes.

I have been looking at several different models, the Fletcher Terry and the Keen Cut.

So what are you using and why, and does anyone have a used one they would like to sell?

l:thankyou:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I have the 100" Keen Cutter with the table they sell to mount it on. It's great for trimming prints and masked vinyl, cutting mag sheet, banners, coroplast, cardboard, thin plastic sheet such as Lexan or Mylar and up to 6 mm PVC. It's superior to the Fletcher-Terry in capacity but inferior in that the Fletcher-Terry will also accept heavier cutters for sheet aluminum, glass and others.

If you don't want to cut aluminum and you do want the extra cut length, you'll probably prefer the Keen Cutter and it costs less as well.

Ruddbow

Fred, do you have any contact info for the Keen Cutters? I have wanted to purchase something like this for years.....never was able to find a reputable in-states dealer.

thank you.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Fred, do you have any contact info for the Keen Cutters? I have wanted to purchase something like this for years.....never was able to find a reputable in-states dealer.

thank you.

I got mine from my local Sign Supply USA distributor. I'm pretty sure that Advantage Sign Supply also offers them.

SoCalN8V

We were planning on getting a panel saw because we need to cut everything from MDO, Aluminum to Coroplast and Sintra. Should we be looking at these other trimmers instead of a panel saw?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
We were planning on getting a panel saw because we need to cut everything from MDO, Aluminum to Coroplast and Sintra. Should we be looking at these other trimmers instead of a panel saw?

In our case, we started with a panel saw and table saw. Then we added a 54" metal shear. Finally, we added the 100" Keen Cutter. At that point, the panel saw was reduced to a once or twice a week use. It's needed for thicker sheet stock but the dust and grit caused us to steer our substrate usage into those materials which we could cut without the dust on either the shear or the Keen Cutter.

stickerguynyc

anybody is using the hand-d-cut.. trimmer? i saw it in my local distributor and for a 48 inches cost $350. I was checking and it is the cheaper one between all of the trimer... anybody know if it is as good as the keen cut?

cardfan4342

Just got my Keencut sabre last week. I was very impressed. I have cut coroplast, 3mm pvc and actually scored and broke .040 aluminum. What I like most about this cutter is that it uses regular utility knife blades. artgrafix had a internet special price.

Ken

There is a girl named Wendy that will whip out a knife and "trim" any thing on-site..I'm glad she is my friend..
Ken

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
I just picked up the 120" Keencut from Speedpress.com for $1079. $100 less than my other sales-rep from Charette quoted me for the 100" one!!!! Im a Happy Camper!