• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What made you smile today

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I f@rt all the time in front of the baby and he never has a reaction to it...doesn't matter how bad the smell. Last night I was feeding him and he started falling asleep on the the bottle... I let out a sharp loud one, that changed to a higher pitch at the end and it startled the baby so much he dropped the bottle and stared at me.
I want to click like on this post but it just seems wrong.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
He shook for a good second or two and opened his eyes very confused looking. The bottle came out and he had milk dripping from his mouth wide open. I never felt more proud of myself

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
I f@rt all the time in front of the baby and he never has a reaction to it...doesn't matter how bad the smell. Last night I was feeding him and he started falling asleep on the the bottle... I let out a sharp loud one, that changed to a higher pitch at the end and it startled the baby so much he dropped the bottle and stared at me.
Sitting watching TV last night...I gave my wife that look too when she let one rip.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Well this went south quickly. Yesterday morning my wife texted me "the backdoor is unlocked" and my phone had a smiley face and YAY as a response, that made me smile.

d fleming

Seeing that antifa is now Bidens problem to deal with and the dems blaming Trump for it is now out in the open as complete BS.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
someone just had to get political and ruin it.....it was fun up until this point. I even avoided commenting on Gino's post because I thought it was still amusing.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That's Okay, many of us think most of what's being said lately is quite amusing. So, don't be a clown and go around with your panties all bunched up. Don't worry, be happy. :p

Notarealsignguy

tenor (3).gif

Notarealsignguy

I'm feeling this hard.
We got our new shopsabre in 43 days ago. Electrician had buckboosters installed, but had to wait for a motor starter for the 25hp vacuum setup, which was 17 days out (initially). Got that installed just after the new year, finished out the plumbing between pump and table, and fired it up. Motor works fine when it's running, but the 900 Amp draw on startup is dropping voltage in the building and throwing the breaker 4 out of 5 startups. Next breaker up in size is 175amp, cost over $700, and will only help with the tripping breaker, not the building voltage drop. So we've seen the CNC in action, and the vacuum, but never at the same time. Looking to get all our ducks in a row to take to the utility company to get them to step up our service (really bring it into the advertised capacity that we should have, being at the end of the line after 2 giant factories sucks).
But holy hell, for the 10 minutes we had the vacuum running with the mdf on the table, I was giddy watching a 18x24 piece of coroplast stay in place while a 300lb man tried to push it.
Is adding another service for this machine an option? Might be cheaper

Reveal1

A regular but difficult customer complained about faint squeegee marks on a matte laminated sign and wanted a do-over. He asked if I would accept scratches on a new car. Smiling, I said "I like working with you but it's a sign, not a car; you're being too picky but I'll re-do it if you want me to." He laughed and took the sign.

Notarealsignguy

That's one option they are considering. At this point I'm just super glad I am adding capacity and not replacing my machine, because I'd be FUBAR with no router for this long.

I shouldn't have shot my mouth off on something negative without something that made me smile; playing pool with the wifey on our 'date night' in our living room was super fun. Crank up some music, turn on a tv muted, spill something sticky on the floor, and you'd never know you weren't at the bar!
Sounds like the way it is now you will have to do a panel change? You could drop another smaller service in for less and then have that available for more toys down the road. It could also be a transformer problem. We upgraded ours last year and kept having voltage drop issues. It burnt up about $8k in equipment which we chalked up to old age until the replacements did the same thing. They came out and swapped the transformer and haven't had a problem since. No more dimming lights, starters jumping etc

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
I shouldn't have shot my mouth off on something negative without something that made me smile; playing pool with the wifey on our 'date night' in our living room was super fun. Crank up some music, turn on a tv muted, spill something sticky on the floor, and you'd never know you weren't at the bar!

Just add peanut shells and you're all good!

Notarealsignguy

That may be an option, but since we are 3 phase and bordered by residential/transitional zones, I'm not sure where they'd bring it in from. If I don't get something good from the electrician's engineer today, I'll go straight to the utility company to see whats up. My electrician is expecting quite a bit of kick back from the utility company, and is trying to make sure we don't have to foot the bill for new or improved service, but I'm "losing money" in essence by taking twice as long to do most things on my old machine.
What really bugs the f*ck out of me is discovering a new metal fabrication/sign company opened up in town, running a nice new shopsabre plasma... Definitely not the same machine, and not much in the way of a competitor, but son of a b*tch it's frustrating...
They'd pull it right from the pole that your current service is on. I'd call the power company, they will send an engineer out and tell you what they will do. Usually they will calculate how much power you will use and subsidize the cost of the upgrade based on that. If you want someone out quickly, put in a trouble call for dimming lights. If it's anything like here, you may end up with a new larger transformer before the day is out.