• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What material for "Colorforms"?

Blindbo

I hope some of you remember Colorforms. They are still manufactured today.
I have an application that would need customized shapes using that very same material. Anyone know a match?

Jack Knight1979

I met the guy that invented color forms. He lives in NH. He made them on accident by solidifying wax at a cold temp. I don't think you can buy the paper stock. How about static cling on gloss card stock?

SignProPlus-Chip

Nope, that's not true at all. There were two people living in New York, Harry and Pat Kislevitz. They got the idea while playing around with thin scrap vinyl given to them by a friend working in the handbag industry. Actually, here is some info from the classic toy museum:

[FONT=arial,helvetica]COLORFORMS began in 1951 when Harry and Patricia Kislevitz, two art students, were experimenting with a flexible vinyl material as a low-cost alternative to paint. They discovered that the vinyl stuck to the semi-gloss paint in their bathroom! They cut shapes out of the material and placed them on the walls.[/FONT]

They didn't invent the material...it was just re-purposed vinyl.

I met the guy that invented color forms. He lives in NH. He made them on accident by solidifying wax at a cold temp. I don't think you can buy the paper stock. How about static cling on gloss card stock?

Jack Knight1979

That's too funny. I met with this guy Don a couple years ago. He wanted me to produce banners for him for below the cost of the vinyl. haha.

He told me this story of how he incented color forms in the 1950's. Sold the rights to some other company, yadd-yadda-yadda.

I didn't research his story. Who would make up a story about color forms? Apparently this guy Don. hahahaha.

SignProPlus-Chip

See, you almost fell for the Nigerian Colorform scam. :omg:

That's too funny. I met with this guy Don a couple years ago. He wanted me to produce banners for him for below the cost of the vinyl. haha.

He told me this story of how he incented color forms in the 1950's. Sold the rights to some other company, yadd-yadda-yadda.

I didn't research his story. Who would make up a story about color forms? Apparently this guy Don. hahahaha.

Jack Knight1979

:ROFLMAO:

He said he was a billionaire in political exile. He needed me to hold onto 400 million dollars while he tied his shoes. :) hahaha