• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What material for Quality real estate post signs?

Quark

Merchant Member
Just as title states - What material for Quality real estate post signs?

I may be biased and over thinking it, but..:

- pvc / sintra - will never trust it;
- poly - bows;
- Coro - too light to hang
- aluminum any thickness - potential for sharp cut edges; corners will bend from even light bumps;
- dibonds like - corners will get destroyed;
- mdo likes - overall irregular and uneven look/ finish;

ikarasu

ACM. You can round the corners on it - But if its being hung... the corners shouldnt be an issue unless theyre moving them. Real estate agents are cheap, we do thousands of signs a month for agents - A lot of time they bring back their 2-3 year old signs when they jumped to a different brokerage and they want them re-sheeted... We never round the corners and they look fine. they look banged up / bent in certain spots, but never nothing too bad...especially it being 2+ years old. ACM + No rounded corners are whats standard for posts here.

MDO is used a lot around here too - Not sure why you think its irregular / uneven look? Cut to shape, paint the edges white...do an undercoat on both sides, throw on some vinyl on both sides.

Aluminum - We use .081 aluminum because we have skids of it at all times. We dont round the corners because agents dont want / ask us too... but yes, they are sharp. You could always put a tiny round on them I guess.

Thirdly - Coroplast. Why cant you hang it on a post? we do 5 grommets in ours - 2 on top, 2 on bottom and 1 on the side. The 2 on top hang the sign... the one on the side anchors the sign to the post, and then 2 on bottom are for riders. It works better than alupanel because its lightweight and can hang as many riders as you want.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Are you talking the hanging signs? Definitely aluminum. Why do the corners matter? You're not supposed to play with it, it sits in the middle of someone's front yard.

Notarealsignguy

huh, googling it it seems like you guys don't do a third hole? Guess it must not be that windy there!

Shameless stolen from a canadian site, so just linking to it. This is how all our signs are made... And then they tether it to the pole at the bottom so it doesnt flap around in the wind. We do it to Coro and to alupanel

Third hole definitely makes for a keeper. I wouldn't hang ACM, the stuff tears. 063 or 080

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I just see cheap. Don't start back peddling.
I'm not back peddling. Most RE signs we do are coro. But we have some RE clients that want a more durable "high quality" sign, so we offer them ACM. Just saying. "At the end of the day" they still don't want to pay a lot for signs, that are temporary anyway.

Notarealsignguy

I'm not back peddling. Most RE signs we do are coro. But we have some RE clients that want a more durable "high quality" sign, so we offer them ACM. Just saying. "At the end of the day" they still don't want to pay a lot for signs, that are temporary anyway.
So there ya go, I just taught you a trick. You should be thanking me.

ikarasu

Average home in my city is 1-1.5 million. An agent gets between 2.5 and 5% commission depending on of they have to split it. That's 25k in commission minimum.

Housing market here is insane... They don't stay on the market for more than 5 days. Yet they still buy the cheapest shitiest flatbed printed coro... Then ask for a new sign when their permanent sold sticker they bought off Amazon rips off half the print.

Coro is fine for hanging signs! With grommets they don't rip. Alupanel lasts longer... We've only ever had one rip when they hung a sign almost as big on it.

All 3 are fine. We do thousands of signs a week, of say Coro is most common for the new Realtors who don't sell many houses... Alupanel is bought by the established Realtors.... Then the fancy ones listing 3-10 million dollar places do reflective aluminum. Probably a 60/30/10 split on the above.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
The rounded corners have nothing to do with the integrity of the sign other than if a kid rides a bicycle by and hits the corner of a very thin substrate, he/she might poke an eye out or cut themselves. It's a safety precaution. An adult could injure themselves too, but generally are a little more observant.