• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What percentage of your work is outsourced?

• 100% - I focus on design & project management.

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • 75% - I manufacture only high margin items and outsource the rest.

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • 50% - Half & Half

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • 25% - I outsource my overflow work.

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • 0% - I design & manufacture everything I sell.

Votes: 10 27.0%

• Total voters

VinylProfit

Has the availability of quality products from wholesale vendors changed the way you do business?

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
10% outsource, just projects we cannot do in-house due to capability (not overflow)

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
I'm looking at doing more outsourcing now that I found a few sources. Bulk signs I can make a much better deal on and not tie up the manpower.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
I'm the opposite, I outsource everything I can.
I'm not trying to give a "plug" but I used firesprint for the first time. Good pricing and I didn't touch a damn thing. I made a nice profit from it. I'm hooked now.

If people need stuff immediately or one or two offs, I'll do it. But, my machine is printing vehicles mainly.

Andy D

I'm not trying to give a "plug" but I used firesprint for the first time. Good pricing and I didn't touch a damn thing. I made a nice profit from it. I'm hooked now.

If people need stuff immediately or one or two offs, I'll do it. But, my machine is printing vehicles mainly.
Yep, FireSprint.com is one of my main go-to vendors. Great company.

Pewter0000

Graphic Design | Production
We only outsource things that we can't make (we don't create channel letters or dimensional letters, for instance). We kind of "outsource" some of our install (our vehicle wrap guy is subcontracted, for instance).

CanuckSigns

We outsource a ton of bronze plaques to Gemini, at any given time I have 5-10 projects with them, I do the design and send it off, and usually they will blind ship to my client.

VinylProfit

Thanks for the feedback and votes.
I should have included a voting option for "__% - outsourced due to lack of in-house capability".

The info is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller

Good to know. I am all about working smarter, not harder. That
We outsource a ton of bronze plaques to Gemini, at any given time I have 5-10 projects with them, I do the design and send it off, and usually they will blind ship to my client.
That's a good one to know!

kcollinsdesign

Old member
I outsource everything I possibly can, including installation and design. I am perfectly happy making money sitting in my pajamas at home drinking coffee.

Not for the unexperienced. If you don't know what you are doing you will lose your ass.

Val47

I outsource everything I possibly can, including installation and design. I am perfectly happy making money sitting in my pajamas at home drinking coffee.

Not for the unexperienced. If you don't know what you are doing you will lose your ***.
It's a rare breed that can truly pull this off and make a living. Takes a lot of know how, wheeler dealer speak/, and vendors you can rely on to come through.

ChicagoGraphics

I use to outsource around 15-20% but now it's 100% as I nolonger live in the USA. Not all the compaines I use are wholesale either but It works great.

visual800

I outsource all digital printing decals. Digitally printed signs like coroplast and banners. Dimensional letters, channel letters. Why buy the equipment and deal with all the headaches, let someone else do it

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I outsource everything I can. Read all of the problems people experience with their tackle on this forum. Every time something is outsourced someone else has to worry about all that crap. I just double the prince and deliver the stuff. Often it requires some trivial installation, all the better. Makes me look as if I'm actually doing something, and the price goes up.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I outsource all printing and I buy heat transfers for apparel instead of buying my own screen printing equipment. Very little overhead and cuts down on labor.

rjssigns

About 50/50 for me. All cut vinyl is outsourced to a shop I supply with digital prints. It's a unique situation.

BTW: FireSprint does my yard signs.