• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What services do you offer with your gerber edge?

artofacks1

Looking for some ideas to offer more services than just helmet decals with my Edge FX.

What else do you guys offer?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Just about anything which needs a picture or some crazy color scheme of lettering.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Do you have a website ??
Are you on facebook..... or any other artificial means of meeting people ??
Do you have any friends ??
Do you have any relation ??
Do you live near neighborhoods in which you could put doorknockers ??
Can you pass out flyers ??
Are there any referral groups in your area ??
Any organizations around like Chamber of Commerce ??
  • Here's an old one....... do you have yellow pages ??

artofacks1

Yes I have a website and all social media SportsLiveDecals.com my question is how do you represent your company? Do you say you are a sign company?

We are currently know as a helmet decal company.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Make a few really nice samples and advertise them. Just DON'T copy someone else's work and display that.

No one cares how you identify as a business, other than what do you offer. Just make a "splash" announcing these new items.

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
Yes I have a website and all social media SportsLiveDecals.com my question is how do you represent your company? Do you say you are a sign company?

We are currently know as a helmet decal company.

I wouldn't say that you're a sign company if you're not able to provide those services, or willing to get in the weeds of what a sign company does. You could promote yourself as a printing provider for short run stickers, decals, etc. I would also offer your services to sign shops in the area that don't have an edge. There were plenty of times when a job would have been perfect for me if I had an Edge but since we did such high volumes, and our company minimum was so high, we had to turn down the job. I was at a tradeshow/exhibit house. You might seek out those companies in your area as well as industrial/manufacturing companies that would have a need for short run labels, and even variable printing (sequential numbering, etc). There is still a market out there for the Edge, but its much more narrow and specialized with the expansion of wide format printing in the last 20 years. Even Gerber admits that their market has shifted to industrial applications versus sign shops. The airlines are some of their largest customers now.
Think out of the box young padawan. Merry Christmas!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The right fit for us was always durable labels and decals. Their smaller size makes them a natural to deal with the size limitations of the Edge as well as the higher cost of materials. Orders for 1,000 to 5,000 labels are out there in abundance that will return you $200 and up profit per hour ... and lots of them will repeat. Offer the same at a trade discount to local sign and print shops and you will suddenly be as busy as you'd ever want to be.

nssignguy

Hi Fred,

I use the Edge FX for all my printing but have been thinking about getting an HP 115 or something equivalent to offer more options and offer lower cost labels/signage to my customers. We primarily sell to industrial type manufacturers but want to expand. Do you think that the large format printers will overtake the Edge machines? Let me know what you think!

Thanks for the help!