• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What the Heck??

mfatty500

Ok, I'm no expert by any means on anything in this great world of ours, but is this the proper way to prep a van for a wrap? This supply house is near me doing this for a wrap seminar..please help me understand

Attachments

• mop 1.jpg
    mop 1.jpg
    517.5 KB · Views: 537
  • mop job.jpg
    mop job.jpg
    546.4 KB · Views: 517

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Totally agree. It's not the way to prep for one of your own customer's vehicles, but I think there is more to the story, than meets the eye.

First, I don't even see a bucket or any form of cleaning agents around. Next, it's probably already squeaky clean. I would think he just is giving it a once last overall getting rid of any crap which might've landed on it while getting it inside. I'm sure all the seams, jambs and hidden areas are thoroughly clean. Besides, that doesn't even look like a wet mop. Just getting rid of static and dust.

Do as I say, not as I do, might be their motto. :rolleyes:

crny1

Agree with Gino and also because this is a wrap class going on I would bet its temporary wrap in terms of removing after the class.

equippaint

So they ran out of tack rags and a linty old mop was the next best thing? Gino, is this a trade secret you're holding back from the newbies?

OADesign

This fall we will see Mr. Frank on the front page of the 2019 catalog (and pgs 2, 6, 13 and 24). 10 gallon hat and all. Doing this, promoting the new special wrap prep formula fluid. And the new wrap prep rags. And the new easy wrap prep fluid application handle. Available in a kit for $499.99.

One thing I gotta say is they need to hire someone better to design their marketing materials. Those banners are nothing but a HUGE waste of space and ink.

360wrapsOZ

hahaha that's great. I must be doing it all wrong then. We power wash followed by a hand wash, then its on to clay bar every square inch and finally full avery surface clean. All this time I could have just used a mop with dirty water.