• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What to charge for wall murals?

GC Decor

Super Printer
We charge between $2.00 - $4.50 sq ft depending on the customer type, Ultra Removable 6 mil Vinyl. $2 is for our large production Customers- Large runs for mega retailers. $3.50 - $4.50 is for our every day customers. We UV print our murals so we don’t have to account for laminate - Our Colorado ink is also really cheap and durable helping us lower our cost.
This seems to be a good range for many companies we have researched. We have seen higher prices but didn’t look like they did any amount of volume.

CC-CMYK

We charge between $2.00 - $4.50 sq ft depending on the customer type, Ultra Removable 6 mil Vinyl. $2 is for our large production Customers- Large runs for mega retailers. $3.50 - $4.50 is for our every day customers. We UV print our murals so we don’t have to account for laminate - Our Colorado ink is also really cheap and durable helping us lower our cost.
This seems to be a good range for many companies we have researched. We have seen higher prices but didn’t look like they did any amount of volume.
If you had laminate would you charge more? We don’t have a Colorado. Hopefully in the future.

GC Decor

Super Printer
Is the $2.50-4.50 installed? Temp or perm? What part of the country are you in. I am in the east coast. This seems very cheap. Thanks.
We use ultra removable after 2 years glue becomes permanent . We are on the east coast - none install price, installed would higher for sure.
Most online marketplaces come in at $4.50 sq ft with free shipping for custom. On Amazon they have stock wall murals at $.80 sq ft with prime shipping. Crazy they get that low.

GC Decor

Super Printer
If you had laminate would you charge more? We don’t have a Colorado. Hopefully in the future.
If I needed to cover a higher cost per sq ft than I would definitely charge more. This is simply our average. Never race to the bottom, or cut yourself short. You can alway offer something special that will bring customers in and pay a slightly higher price, maybe faster turnaround times or discounts on installs.
My buddies shop charges $6.5 sq ft & he’s only 30 minutes from me. They are a do everything shop, at that price there not doing murals every week but jobs do come in.
My pricing doesn’t include design work either, all of our customers have there own artwork or use our stock designs.

GC Decor

Super Printer
wholy cow! why are you all so cheap? I can get up to $22 per sqft on this stuff. and installation is extra!!
Wish I could charge this & get consistent Orders. Vinyl & ink for us is around $.80 per sq ft so $3.50 - $4.50 is perfect margin to load a design & hit print. Drop the roll on the cutter, only manual labor is packaging.
We can print 2-3 rolls per shift & haven't max this capacity out yet. Companies on Instagram are in the $4-6 range for murals.

CC-CMYK

If I needed to cover a higher cost per sq ft than I would definitely charge more. This is simply our average. Never race to the bottom, or cut yourself short. You can alway offer something special that will bring customers in and pay a slightly higher price, maybe faster turnaround times or discounts on installs.
My buddies shop charges $6.5 sq ft & he’s only 30 minutes from me. They are a do everything shop, at that price there not doing murals every week but jobs do come in.
My pricing doesn’t include design work either, all of our customers have there own artwork or use our stock designs.
Ya. I don’t think I could charge that much even if I was running a Colorado. You must be doing very large volumes? Or my pricing might be way off. $5-$10 a sq foot at times. We do laminate and we we’re running HP latex printers that are sometimes problematic.

Henry Rodriguez

wholy cow! why are you all so cheap? I can get up to $22 per sqft on this stuff. and installation is extra!!
I agree with you. They seem very low. That's why I asked which part of the country they were in. I get $15-$17 ft. I pay $2 per foot to an installer. In NYC I can get even more. Just curious...

CC-CMYK

I agree with you. They seem very low. That's why I asked which part of the country they were in. I get $15-$17 ft. I pay $2 per foot to an installer. In NYC I can get even more. Just curious...
Actually, we do average over $10. I just know how anyone can charge less then $5 unless its cheap paper.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'd rather work one job for a great price, then two jobs and make the same amount, but double the work. I thought you were smart.............. :doh:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure. * * * I think I just pulled a muscle in my head. It hurts after making that statement. Think I'm gonna go home early today. Get a head massage. ))))))))