• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What To Have In A New Work Space?

Hi guys. My company is in the process of working on the plans for building an addition on our building specifically for vehicle wraps. We are an established sign shop, but never had a garage to do vehicle wraps.

As for my question, what are some necessary, or helpful things to have in a wrap shop? For example, some owners say drop down electrical outlets.

rjssigns

If I was doing a dedicated build today:
Floor drain. Hot and cold running water and slop sink.(customers can't be counted on to bring a clean vehicle) Air hose drops. Climate controlled. Air scrubber for dust. Additional lights on the walls. Prep tables large enough to pre-trim, adjust, check panel fit for the biggest graphics.
Sprinkler system for fire suppression. Industrial epoxy coated floor with grit. Mid-rise scissor lift so you don't have to break your back doing rocker panels.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Qualified vinyl wrap people/installers.

We have a bay that is 20' wide, 110' long and 18' high. Lotsa lights and some natural light. Lotsa electricity. We have a garage door at both ends and can pull almost all vehicles completely through if need be. Tables along one entire wall and 1/2 of the other side.