• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What VersaWorks Profile for banner material ?

Chad.

I am having an ongoing issue i thought was related to the banner material i am using (US Banner Pearl 13oz Gloss) ... i was told they had a problem with certain lot numbers (all of which i had) but they gave me 5 new rolls and i am STILL having the same issue.

I have tried another banner material and am not having the same problem, but it was the expensive roland stuff.

My question ... what profile are you using for 13oz gloss banner ? My dealer set up Queue B for banner material with the LBV Profile (Lightweight Banner Vinyl)

Should i change this up ?

Drip Dry

I've been through the "THIS BANNER IS JUST AS GOOD AS ROLAND, BUT CHEAPER" That's just what is is " cheaper.

Do yourself a favor, change back to Roland... "ESM- FRSB banner material. Should be around $250.00 for a 54" roll, and use the roland profile, Prints great every time.

Jim

threeputt

Funny, I was just tinkering yesterday. Have (12) 48x64" banners to print. Just switched media to a private label 13oz. White gloss 54" by my supplier Performance Sign Products. I've tried a few settings, but the Blockout one seems to be giving me the best result right now. (fewer banding problems, and good color) I'm running them right now, in fact, at high speed and the machine is really flying. (Roland SP-540V) I think my cost is $172.50 per roll.

When you find the perfect setting, banners are the closest thing to printing money in today's sign shop. Especially at $6.25/ft.

Chad.

Funny, I was just tinkering yesterday. Have (12) 48x64" banners to print. Just switched media to a private label 13oz. White gloss 54" by my supplier Performance Sign Products. I've tried a few settings, but the Blockout one seems to be giving me the best result right now. (fewer banding problems, and good color) I'm running them right now, in fact, at high speed and the machine is really flying. (Roland SP-540V) I think my cost is $172.50 per roll.

When you find the perfect setting, banners are the closest thing to printing money in today's sign shop. Especially at $6.25/ft.

Could not agree more ... but my banner just came out using the manufacture advised profile with the same result ...

I have the same printer ... but did not use the blockout profile. She told me on the phone to use the General PVC Banner profile ...

My results are below ...

See the white "streaks" ... :help:

Attachments

• DSC00271.JPG
    DSC00271.JPG
    159.8 KB · Views: 438