• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What Vinyl should I use for Trailer Graphics?

Juan C Torres

Lets print
Hi everyone . What Vinyl should I get to print the pictures graphic on this trailer? I have 3165ra but not sure If is good for this side panel . ( Just the pictures graphic because I am using cut vinyl for the letters). Thanks in Advance.
101656857_3819334728138382_4728893343767986176_o.jpg

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
My personal opinion would be to use cast vinyl with a cast laminate. Because we don't have freezing cold in Florida you could get away with a high performance calendared vinyl.

Because we are supposed to be professionals, I take the cost of entire process into account for my clients sake and that includes removal. Avery and 3M are a tie. Avery gets the edge in installation ease and 3M gets the edge in removal. I tend to shy away from Orafol because of past removal experiences.

All in all Avery 1105 and their 1460 cast lam is my go to because with proper techniques it well stay in the window recess of a sprinter or transit connect, and, it's cheaper than 3M as well.

Reveal1

My personal opinion would be to use cast vinyl with a cast laminate. Because we don't have freezing cold in Florida you could get away with a high performance calendared vinyl.

Because we are supposed to be professionals, I take the cost of entire process into account for my clients sake and that includes removal. Avery and 3M are a tie. Avery gets the edge in installation ease and 3M gets the edge in removal. I tend to shy away from Orafol because of past removal experiences.

All in all Avery 1105 and their 1460 cast lam is my go to because with proper techniques it well stay in the window recess of a sprinter or transit connect, and, it's cheaper than 3M as well.

Good points - but we spend 1/3 of the year wrapping trailers in cold warehouse (45-50 with the portable heaters going) and find that in those circumstances a higher tack product works better . We use Arlon 6100 which is cast but at lower end cost-wise and has higher initial tack. Also good for print/cut.

Billct2

Cast vinyl and laminate. And I would revisit the color choice, the only thing anyone is going to notice is the photo montage

d fleming

Cast and lam, air egress. Looks like screws not rivets. If so, I normally remove screws apply graphic then replace. To me it just looks better than going over.