• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What would cause this with Oracal 651

TDFcustomSL

I just got a 30"x50yd roll of Oracal 651. I have always just bought 10 yd rolls, this is my first 50yd roll. I cut some lettering out this morning and left the roll in the cutter like I always do. I went back tonight to cut something else and it is completely wrinkled up for about the first 3 feet or so. Has anyone else experienced this? What would cause it? Thanks

Attachments

• IMAG0973.jpg
    IMAG0973.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 88

mudmedia

humidity & temperature. By the looks of it it is only the first couple feet where it was exposed to the environment.

TDFcustomSL

I fed it out that far to take the pic, it was in the machine ready to start cutting. ive just never had any roll do this before

CP Signs

Yep. Humidity will do that. Also a good practice to not leave the pinch roller down when not in use.

DizzyMarkus

Do you have heaters? cooling down?

If I leave some in and pinched it gets a big roll/wave but not the stuff you got less I left the heater on :0)

Markus

heyskull

Damp and humid conditions cause this.
We had to move premises because of the damp conditions.
Also the conditions the suppliers and delivery companies store do not help.

SC

SAS

I have had this happen. If you are going to leave the roll on the machine til next use, just release the pinch rollers and spin it back up on the roll.

401Graphics

And this is post number 1000 for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::signs101::signs101::signs101::signs101::signs101::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::cool1::omg::cool::rolleyes::bushmill: