• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What's a good cleaner for Coroplast (aside from alcohol) to remove fingerprints/oils?

d fleming

Had this for a bit. Cleans pretty well. Try that and white gloves.

Attachments

• alcohol.jpg
    alcohol.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 80

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We print truckloads of corrugated. Never handle with any special care nor clean with alcohol. It’s a matter of having the right equipment with correct ink setup. No fingerprints, adhesion or color issues.

Gino makes a point but I don’t agree with him. If you are trying to compete with online vendors and spending time cleaning and handling with extra care, you are losing money. If you are selling at a good price, take the time and give your customer a good product. I would never send anything out than a top notch looking product. Just because it’s a cheap material does not justify giving something that looks like crap.

That's an easy one. No one said you need to agree with me. Unless you ARE an online supplier, don't compete with online companies. Any of our cor-X products are wiped down in the process I described above. However, our customers are paying for the service we provide. We don't do truckloads, but we do our fair share of them. We print a lotta pvc and that basically gets the same treatment. If someone says, I can get XYZ for $$XX amount, I simply say, then go there. Usually you'll get, yeah but they put freight & handling on top and I'm not always sure what I'm gonna get...... yadda, yadda, yadda. Well, then you want service and quality and you need to forget about price.

Again, other than paper and a magic marker, cor-X is about the cheapest product any shop will sell. That's what I don't get ?? Why do so many people try to compete in an area which yields pennies ??

If you print 100 4x8's of cor-X vs doing a nice truck, you'll make about the same money, but you have so much monkey time and babysitting vs a nice truck. On our machine, 100 4x8's would take 2 long days. Our unit is old and therefore slow, but a nice truck job, might take a day.... maybe two, so which would you rather do ??

parrott

I am the complete opposite. I would rather print corrugated all day long. Vehicle graphics is as down and dirty as corrugated. You have so many side hustlers doing it out of their garage, basement, etc. People designing, printing and installing at close to my material cost. Not to mention what it costs to replace a panel if you mess one up. Too much risk/time for not enough return.

100 sheets of corrugated would be printed, packed and shipped in 2 hours. Low margin but high volume.

Last edited:

signheremd

We have used more than one vendor and I can say sometimes the coroplast is corona treated for better printing and sometimes it is not - source matters. But we use Solv S1000 adhesion promoter to clean off all plastics before printing. As to not needing to clean if you have the right inks, etc., non-treated coro, like many other plastics, will not hold the ink and dried ink can flake off if not prepped properly. You will also notice finger prints and other handling marks more so when printing light pastels - particularly light blues, grays, or pinks. I would never say cleaning substrate before printing or even applying vinyl is costing you money, but rather it is keeping quality up which builds you reputation, which keeps business coming in through your door.